• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the powerpoint....
"Targets
Choosing the direction… There were two priorities assigned to the turbo engine project.
• First was to establish a real180HP industry class based on its output
• Second was to maintain this power output regardless of altitude."
SO, the 180 HP was a target not necessarily the actual HP. I'd like to think they over achieved!

Cdn $ .... ouch! Picked up a 15 pro 800 holdover for list $ on the VK 540!
Looks like a nice engine but it should be for the $$$$$$. Cdn site is very s l o w to load. Any weight drop for the mountain sled? Would like to try by for the $ doubtful if I'ld be in the market for a new one!

I like the looks, She's a damn good looking Lady. If this sled has anywhere near the fit and finish we are used to it's gonna make the new Doo look like a pail full of assholes.

I can't stand Ski-Doo but I don't know if I can agree with that. They have a new 2-smoke doing 165 hp on what I would guess is a much lighter chassis.... seeing that Yamaha is not releasing weight or actual hp numbers..... and releasing a sled a new technology turbo 4-stroke that appears to have possibly only a handful of hp over what Cat put out 8 years ago? I hope I'm missing something because I'm really starting to yawn. New side panels look cool though! :dunno:

I can't stand Ski-Doo but I don't know if I can agree with that. They have a new 2-smoke doing 165 hp on what I would guess is a much lighter chassis.... seeing that Yamaha is not releasing weight or actual hp numbers..... and releasing a sled a new technology turbo 4-stroke that appears to have possibly only a handful of hp over what Cat put out 8 years ago? I hope I'm missing something because I'm really starting to yawn. New side panels look cool though! :dunno:
You're excited about the side panels? But not this motor? #priorities

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

FINALLY - Yamaha did something to change the industry. All new motor purpose built for turbo, all-new turbo technology to retain pressures at all throttle positions and virtually eliminate lag, all new clutch that allows for overshift and super-high speeds, all-new oil cooling system injects cooled oil to the pistons, plus all kinds of comfort upgrades, track options, and suspension options. Nice job, Yamaha! Thank you - and ignore the naysayers on this site!!! I finally have a sled to replace my supercharged '09 Nytro!

It's cool you like it but what have they done to change the industry? The turbo'd Suzuki 1100 twin has a lot of the same stuff and was released back in the Barney chassis. I've ridden two of them and while they hid their weight better than a Deltabox chassis they were still fricking heavy. I rode the mountain versions and they were pigs.

The sidewinder is the same basic thing. It's the same pro cross chassis, it's not a pure Yamaha and it costs a ton of money. I'm sure in my neck of the woods there will be quite a few sitting around the showrooms gathering dust because they only appeal to a very small group. This new machine shows to me that Yamaha is no longer a sled builder and instead has transitioned into a motor supplier.

I've got to admit I'm bummed and I don't have a never ending supply of optimism to look forward to next year hoping they come out with something that compares with what is popular. The sidewinder officially killed my interest and enthusiasm for alYamaha sleds. It's obvious they don't know, understand or care about what the average sled buyer wants. Both Ski-Doo and Polaris do and that's where my money will go.

It's cool you like it but what have they done to change the industry? The turbo'd Suzuki 1100 twin has a lot of the same stuff and was released back in the Barney chassis. I've ridden two of them and while they hid their weight better than a Deltabox chassis they were still fricking heavy. I rode the mountain versions and they were pigs.

The sidewinder is the same basic thing. It's the same pro cross chassis, it's not a pure Yamaha and it costs a ton of money. I'm sure in my neck of the woods there will be quite a few sitting around the showrooms gathering dust because they only appeal to a very small group. This new machine shows to me that Yamaha is no longer a sled builder and instead has transitioned into a motor supplier.

I've got to admit I'm bummed and I don't have a never ending supply of optimism to look forward to next year hoping they come out with something that compares with what is popular. The sidewinder officially killed my interest and enthusiasm for alYamaha sleds. It's obvious they don't know, understand or care about what the average sled buyer wants. Both Ski-Doo and Polaris do and that's where my money will go.
Sounds like you found a good deal. You should go buy that.

The way I see it is Yamaha wasn't going to magically come out with a all new sled 2 years after teaming up with AC. I'd say that every year they'll advance eventually into their own. And maybe not. Maybe they keep building with AC. Either way it's good.

Wish their promo video was better. That conquer the trail from last year was way better.

Guy on my Facebook the one who removed side panels on ty site video says he hit 119 mph with the sidewinder.

Reading the comment section of the video is very insightful. Maybe this clutch and motor setup is that great?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back