• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what it is.....I'm done waiting for a new Japanese built sled,time 's not waiting for me so what are my options....The viper didn't excite me much,found the power and top speed of my Nytro to be better,not going to spend $15000.00+CDN For any 2 stroke ...not ever ...so the only option would have been to buy a viper and turbo it,but the cost at the dealer was going to be $22000.00 cdn out the door for an xtx and no warranty once the turbo was installed, even though it was installed at the dealership,this new sidewinder is a bargain compared to that! Allthough pricey this will be my next sled.

Someone said Sidewinder is a five year old chassis has anyone ridden it with a cat motor and how well does it ride handle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It rides and handles pretty damn good with the 1049 yammie,

Member Journeyman was mostly correct on his prediction for ´17, based on some hearsay.
Problem was that the prediction also stated brand new chassi...and that was what I was hoping for most;-)
Sorry Journeyman, not your fault at all, you were just telling us what you had heard, and just told further.
Many thanks for that!!

Anyway, I think it´s great to see new engine-tech coming out from Yamaha, but with that said, it had been fun to see a new platform also.
A new fresh and up-to-date platform for future models, in the same way that the DB-chassie trickled down in vector-models and Venture-models.

As a long-time Yama-fan, I dont want to sound to negative, so short after release, but the feeling is not really great.
I just see in my mind, how the Yama-snomo-division sits there with this very small bag of money, and tries to figure out what to do.
They understand they can´t have everything, so after some coffee, they decide to put all the money down for a new engine-package, and then put away a little money for new plastics.
And so we got the SideWinder!
Basically, a Viper with a new engine-package.
Great for the hyper-performance crowd without no-doubt!...but, I suppose I was hoping to see some more of the future for Yamaha, and just with a new turboed engine I don´t do that...I´m sorry.

The thundercat price $19599 Canadian..... Guaranteed the Yamaha will be $20000 can..... Holy #*$&@.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Interesting that most of the new cats get the new plastics, where only the sidewinder does. I thinking that was a Cat styling change, and yamaha just needed it for the turbo.

Really? I didn't look at the Canadian website today. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

when i was able to get on the Canadian site yesterday the prices were up. they were listed at $17 to 19 grand but someone might have messed up and listed the US prices instead. won't know until its back up and running.

too much for me and i'm disappointed as well but me thinks the 4 cylinder motors is on its way out. Chris's blog stated he was hoping the Apex crowd would accept this new engine. Doesn't sound to encouraging. I'd love to take one of these for a ride thou, i'm sure i would like it, just not happy it had to be in a cat chassis. Now they just look like another Cat in different colours. oh well

For those complaining about price I strongly encourage you to purchase a 2016 Turbo Cat. Imo the 2016 Turbo cat was perfected this season with team clutches and qs3 shocks. With a $500 flash you will have a lot more power than the sidewinder at thousands less. The sled will handle better too because the motor sits lower in the chassis.

I don't know actual market share numbers but plenty of people buy 600s instead of 800s for not much difference in price. I wouldn't but just saying plenty of people do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back