• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2020

And what’s your point there?

And what’s your point there?

Drynos are to show improvements or losses with changes and are pointless real world. Does the Apex make 152 or 163? Does the turbo 998 make 180 or 208? If Yamaha's 152hp takes you to 112 or if Doo's 165 to the same or less it start to become about efficiency not hp! Arctic Cats Firecat was a model of efficiency with amazing top ends with less hp! So just how efficient is that new Cat chassis? Some Yamaha Mechanics I talk to say there is a lot left on the table!

I totally agree. It’s always a balancing act. You can’t have the best top end and the most suspension travel. You also can’t relate top speed and horsepower numbers when comparing different chassis. Both the Apex and SW do very well on top end. Just 2 different approaches. Which one is best is a personal opinion based on how you like to use it.

I agree that efficiency is important however my XTX has all it can do to get me to 112 mph maybe 115 on a smooth glass surface with enough room to get there and it will do it all day and get about 11-12 MPG. My Sidewinder will do 115 all day for the most part and I have gotten it up to 121 on a smooth lake a time or two. it feels like it more runs out of gear than power all while maintaining around 15 MPG. Don't get me wrong I love my apex but the suspension on the Sidewinder in at the next level the power is at the next level and the speed is at the next level just wish it had power steering but I just need to play with the skis some or so I'm told. (as in replace them with skis that actually work)

Back