• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Apex RTX

TurboTime

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yanaha Nytro
Just had a great deal come my way I think, want your opinion. Spoke with the dealer today has an extra NEW 06 Apex RTX w/ reverse for $8000 and will trade in my 06 nytro w/ 1100 miles for $5200. Deal or No Deal???????? I was planning on putting a few grand for mods into my nytro this summer anyway so why not just get the RTX instead.

nytro

I would post you nytro on here for 6,000 and work your way down on the price.That's a good price for the RTX.

Good price, I paid $7,700 OTD for my RTX w/o reverse. They were going to sell me the kit for $300 but I chose not to get it. I only used it on my Attak for backing off my trailer. I had too, the Attak was too long and I couldn't open the front of my trailer :ORC
I suggest buying the RTX and selling the Nytro outright this fall. You will be farther ahead.

You might be ahead if you sell it outright, but it's also a hassel. Plus, if you trade in, you get the benefit of only paying tax on the difference.

jf

Either way you go,just get the 06 rtx buy far your best deal,hands down and i am speaking from exsperiance,i put 1500 on the 06 rtx sweet,all i can say!! :ORC

06 RTX

Yep - I think the price is a bit high on the RTX (my 07 was only a few hundred more)! Definately should be able to work a better deal on a year old sled. If you do the deal make them include the 07 style handle bar update as the heaters suck!

Re: 06 RTX

xcr5 said:
Yep - I think the price is a bit high on the RTX (my 07 was only a few hundred more)! Definately should be able to work a better deal on a year old sled.
What did you pay total with all fee's? Last year you could snow check RTX's with reverse for $9,400 OTD here in Michigan. That was the best price I saw anywhere.
For those that don't have to pay sales tax that's $8,867.

If the Nytro is not paid off, it's not really a deal afterall. Either way it's money burned. But short of a turbo, you'll never get 150 HP out of that Nytro either.

Regardless of the price on the RTX, the trade-in price they're giving you on your Nytro is pretty good.

Last spring most dealers were letting Nytros (w/o reverse) go for mid 5's, brand new.

TotallyNytro You could always sell the SRX, and get the RTX and keep the Nytro, Sold my 2 vipers for the RTX & Nytro, Glad I did it........

MightyRTX said:
gade-thrasher said:
Regardless of the price on the RTX, the trade-in price they're giving you on your Nytro is pretty good.
$2,800 is good :drink:

Maybe I misunderstood it ... but I interpreted it as that they were giving him $5200 for the Nytro.

It sounds more like he'll have to give them his Nytro and $5200? That's what it usually boils down to after they add in all that extra crap like fees, destination charges, sales tax, dealer prep, etc... What an arse kicking. Buy a turbo for the Nytro instead then. It'll be light, nimble, and fast as all get out.

But if you only have to come up with a couple grand, and the Nytro is free and clear - GO FOR IT!

Still, it's money burned - nothing new in this sport?

Good luck!

Back