• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Camso hurricane 175 track

Looks a lot like my 1.75 Back Country at first glance, it will be interesting to see how it's priced.

I rode on the Back Country X last year and I loved the track. The new hurricane track looks very similar but it has lugs that have a slight curvature to them rather than the all straight bars of the Back Country. Assuming it’s easily available and the price is in line, that Hurricane would go to the top of my list if I were riding a short track sidewinder.

I saw the new track too. And I just received my new BackcountryX just a few weeks ago for my turbo Viper :mad:. Wish I would have new about this before I ordered. Then I would have held of a purchase until I could look at it up close at Hay Days. But the new Hurricane looks to be a bit more trail-focused with the lug pattern. Whereas the Backcounty has longer paddles to it. Maybe I'm wrong, but just an observation....

Just curious. Why buy the srx of you’re putting bigger track on? Why not have bought the lr with the 1.6” track? Idea of srx is lower lugs remove air resistance and give better top speed and a lower ride height to, which is less offtrail friendly. Also I am not totally sure with the new rear suspension geometry that a 1.75” track will have clearance.

Just curious. Why buy the srx of you’re putting bigger track on? Why not have bought the lr with the 1.6” track? Idea of srx is lower lugs remove air resistance and give better top speed and a lower ride height to, which is less offtrail friendly. Also I am not totally sure with the new rear suspension geometry that a 1.75” track will have clearance.

I’ve chosen the srx cause it was the only sled in the 2019 line-up that interested me. Not much to choose from colour wise. The electronic suspension was the other factor. I might loose some mph, but for me, where i ride, we get lots of snow and the trails are on the soft side most of the time. With that much power, i just can’t imagine riding this thing with a 1” track. As for clearance, guess will wait and see when it gets here.

Love the back country x on my 18. Would definitely do it again

I’ve chosen the srx cause it was the only sled in the 2019 line-up that interested me. Not much to choose from colour wise. The electronic suspension was the other factor. I might loose some mph, but for me, where i ride, we get lots of snow and the trails are on the soft side most of the time. With that much power, i just can’t imagine riding this thing with a 1” track. As for clearance, guess will wait and see when it gets here.

RIKMAN.....Kudos to you for pulling the trigger on the new SRX. If I was in the market for a new SW this year the SRX is the only one that I would go with for the same reasons that you've stated.

I've got the Storm 150 installed in my '17 SW LTX-LE and have the same track on my wife's '18 SW LTX-LE and I feel along with anyone who's ridden our sleds that it was a huge improvement over the stock 1.25" lug Ripsaw 2 that came on the sleds.

From your description of your riding conditions (which sound identical to where we ride) I would give the Storm 150 some serious consideration, especially on the new SRX with the lowered ride height. You should have the best of both worlds with that track unless you feel you need the extra grunt that a 1.75" lug track will give you.

RIKMAN.....Kudos to you for pulling the trigger on the new SRX. If I was in the market for a new SW this year the SRX is the only one that I would go with for the same reasons that you've stated.

I've got the Storm 150 installed in my '17 SW LTX-LE and have the same track on my wife's '18 SW LTX-LE and I feel along with anyone who's ridden our sleds that it was a huge improvement over the stock 1.25" lug Ripsaw 2 that came on the sleds.

From your description of your riding conditions (which sound identical to where we ride) I would give the Storm 150 some serious consideration, especially on the new SRX with the lowered ride height. You should have the best of both worlds with that track unless you feel you need the extra grunt that a 1.75" lug track will give you.

Thanks VX1R....
I did read your review on the STORM 150. As today i’m leaning towards that track. Did you notice any vibration and does it run any louder than normal? On some other reviews, some say it howls.
Cheers

Thanks VX1R....
I did read your review on the STORM 150. As today i’m leaning towards that track. Did you notice any vibration and does it run any louder than normal? On some other reviews, some say it howls.
Cheers

I think this is true with pretty much any track 1.5" or taller. I notice some on my sled but nothing excessive.

I had bad luck with a 1.75” back country on my boosted apex. Torn paddles and lugs ripped right off! I don’t think it liked the extra horse power

has anyone determine if a 1.75" track will fit on the SRX. Looking at the SRX last night at the sled show it may be a little tight?

Back