• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New clucth up-date kit for Side Winder

Here is the part number for the up- date kit for SideWinder 8MA-W002H-00-00
here what it comes with
90266-06001-00 outer weight rivet 3
8MA-17604-00-00 Secondary spring seat
90508-60012-00 Secondary spring
What sidewinder is it for why was it updated

It's to update a 2017-2018 Sidewinder model to 2019 specs (tip rivet, secondary spring, helix).

Here is a sheet on the kit I got at the dealer.

Attachments

• 20181126_234736.jpg
    20181126_234736.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 823
The $10 question is; What angle is the Helix?

The service manager told me that the secondary spring is the same as the Viper?

What is the advantage of this kit for those of us running a stock setup? Reliability, performance or both?

The $10 question is; What angle is the Helix?

Progressive reverse angle 35/39

The pink secondary spring that is in the update has been around since 2003 in the RX-1.

Im by no means a clutching guru, maybe someone else would know, but just out of curiosity, I'm running a tp kit with the 33/35 reverse angle helix and orange springs, would there be an advantage going to the 35/39 helix and taking some tip weight out of the hh's?

Im by no means a clutching guru, maybe someone else would know, but just out of curiosity, I'm running a tp kit with the 33/35 reverse angle helix and orange springs, would there be an advantage going to the 35/39 helix and taking some tip weight out of the hh's?

I wouldn’t, you’re reducing clamping force on the belt at both ends doing that.

Is that pink secondary spring not the same shitty one that was causing coil bind in a lot of sleds and some ppl on here were getting away from and going to a different one?
If so it don’t sound like much of an upgrade

Bit the bullet and grabbed the kit today. Might get out tomorrow and try it out. See what the difference is

Can anyone comment how the pink spring compares to the TP orange? I bought the orange and installed over the summer, no run time yet. How do the SRX primary weights compare to the 2018 primary weights? Shape, weight, both?

Back