• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Ecu flash for Yamaha Viper/Arctic cats 7000 w/POLL

Your experience with the December 2018 Viper ecu update

• Total voters
So because my sled was at the dealer already for the chaincase leak I asked them to see if there were an updates. They told me no, the latest one is from 2016. Because my dealer is about 1 hour away each direction I decided I would give Yamaha Corporate a try to see what they have to say. I heard back from them today and from what customer relations was told for the US, the most recent update is the one from 2016.... So guess its 2 starts for me this winter.

It's a long paper trail for Yamaha to bring the flash from "development" to the doors of the dealership. The "development" part is done on the new flash, now it must go through a significant paper trail to get to the end user.

MtCooler got his Pussy cat flashed and he is happy so far. 1 try start smooth idle and felt it turned over faster.

I had my XF 7000 flashed this afternoon. I brought it home, it was a couple of degrees below freezing. I turned the key and held it a little longer than I expected it would take, but it started. Idle was around 1800 rpm for a little bit, then it settled in around 1500. Idle sounds good. Then I left it for an hour and then went back and tried it again. The next time it took two tries! Shoot! Oh well, at least the idle sounds good and it does turn over fairly fast. That's all I can really report because it just isn't that cold out yet. Here's hoping that this is the fix...

Can any dealers on this sight comment on the 19 viper or cat 7000 starting characteristics?

Dont forget Yamaha choose not to use the "new" bodywork on the '19 Viper. No reason to think they would do a reflash just because Cat did.

I was told by a Canadian friend that a Yamaha dealer near Hamilton Ontario was doing the flash on the Viper and charging $100. Can anyone confirm this?

What problems are they trying to fix with this latest update? Where might one find out about this?
Thanks for your 'help'.

I was told by a Canadian friend that a Yamaha dealer near Hamilton Ontario was doing the flash on the Viper and charging $100. Can anyone confirm this?
I wonder if the sled was not bought at that dealership and was brought in for other work?

How will this reflash effect my sled with the MCxpress 190 kit on it??

Back