• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Ecu flash for Yamaha Viper/Arctic cats 7000 w/POLL

Your experience with the December 2018 Viper ecu update

• Total voters
Also my bro got back from a week ride in Quebec lastweek. 2016 viper xtx with new flash. He had no issues that I’m aware of. Started at -34c on one of the mornings he put on 1300km

Last edited:

got mine done by Woody's up in Topsham Maine on Friday big shout out to those guys for squeezing me in as I drove through on my way North. Sled has never started this good hot or cold as it does now. I also notice much less rich unburned fuel smell now after it has warmed up. Was -5 f or so the other day and it lit right up no backfires and idles nice

Sounds like this flash is a win overall? Those who are having good starts in super cold temperatures, are you cycling the fuel pump? How many times?
Thanks!

I did not cycle mine when it was over 30 below. It took a few seconds to get going but it started. I did have a new battery.

have a 2014 viper, when picked up from dealer they said they upgraded the battery and start it just like your truck, just turn the key,sit outside all winter and never had a starting issue, it would be nice to see how many others have no problems

Check the new flash in my MCX logger and its leaner at idling, but not on higher rpm. They also change timing in midrange.

Very snappy and my MCX 270 pulls very hard. Turbo guys, be careful for detonations on low octan fuel...

Just put a 1000km on the new flash. Starts way better in the cold (-28c) .
No hot start issues and seems to have better mid range power!

Last edited:
-25f early morning. Mine started but require 4-5 tries and some throttle. MtCooler batt died trying to start. Not impressed with cold cold starts.

-25f early morning. Mine started but require 4-5 tries and some throttle. MtCooler batt died trying to start. Not impressed with cold cold starts.
Last 3 days -30 f no go all 3 days .not impressed

Sucks! Hope the rest of the trip was good. Cold riding.
Last 3 days -30 f no go all 3 days .not impressed

Do you guys feel your sleds were worse for cold cold starts from the update? Or just no improvement?

Sucks! Hope the rest of the trip was good. Cold riding.

Do you guys feel your sleds were worse for cold cold starts from the update? Or just no improvement?
Haven't flashed mine yet.

Back