• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Ecu flash for Yamaha Viper/Arctic cats 7000 w/POLL

Your experience with the December 2018 Viper ecu update

• Total voters

Fixit156

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha Viper RTX DX
980839A7-2723-4686-AC43-4A6942743D46.png
Saw this on Facebook

I'm taking mine in this week to have it done. I talked to the dealer today.

any details about it ? like what if your airbox is modded , leaner map might not be a good thing

Yamaha has always ran their sleds on the rich side. They prefer reliable to all out power. Wouldn't worry about it.

My dealer was aware of the Cat change was going to check on Yamaha just yesterday
May be worth being slow to pickup the sled until Yamahas latest flash

I will wait and see if it makes them start better this time. No reason to rush and get it

So my sled is currently at the dealer, they are dealing with the chaincase leak under warranty. I asked them to check to ensure the ECU was on the latest software and as of this morning they said it is, which is a flash from Sept of 2016. Anyone have any details on this latest flash?

I was told Yamaha had an engineer over from Japan that was solely dedicated to fixing the ECU! Time will tell whether they did finally get it right.
I like the sound of this statement!

I am hoping that the changes they make will allow me to run that Sidewinder setup. Only theory but I think they made the Ecu too sensitive to crank input in attempt to prevent the dreaded Kickback. That sensitivity wont let the Winder pickup run the sled more than 20 sec. Just a dream for all I know. Hoping they dumb it down a bit! Really other than the 2 start attempts sometimes,Backfire of all backfires and the random stall the tune was real good as far as run quality.

Back