• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Engine in 2016 Vipers and Other Changes

stone88

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Just got word my snow checked LE just came in, does anyone else have one yet and if so what was you build date mine says 02/15
Seems a little weird to have s limited build sled built that early usually they are a late delivery. Anyone?

I'm not sure what my build date is. But my sled was at the dealer last April.

Did you turbo it

stone88, does yours have the performance damper on it yet ?

image.jpeg
stone88, does yours have the performance damper on it yet ?

No performance damper on mine and they don't even have it. Not sure what's going on, oh and it has the old skis on it not the new stlyle ones. This picture shows the difference

My performance dampers came in the mail. I wish they where already on.

And ya! The old skis here too.

My performance dampers came in the mail. I wish they where already on.

And ya! The old skis here too.
Did they mail it to your home or dealer? Does the dealer have to install the dampers?

My ltx le was built in 02/15 got the old junk ski's to. Still waiting on the dampers and the bag to come in to. My deal has a donkey working the parts counter!

My biggest issue with all of this is that Yamaha is famous for making those small changes that they don't talk about to improve things not to mention the old skies and I was told there is supposedly a new brake leaver and other refinements. Oh well I guess I either bite the bullet or walk from the deal.

Last edited:
The only other thing I seen on the cat 7000 was the brake lever but the cat didn't come with a screen over the radiator and it will get destroyed with out one. A friend of mine got the cat and I got the Yamaha. BLUE FASTER

Well I decided to bite the bullet and brought home the blue beast. Can't wait to try the new shock package out on the trail, l hope it's as good as the hype. I played around with the dampner and there is a huge difference from # 1 setting to # 3

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 350
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 320
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 320
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 311
Just back from dealer, dampers and bag in hand. Install doesn't appear to difficult. Not even sure I'm going to bother.

Well I decided to bite the bullet and brought home the blue beast. Can't wait to try the new shock package out on the trail, l hope it's as good as the hype. I played around with the dampner and there is a huge difference from # 1 setting to # 3
Why zero miles on the Odometer? Check the hour meter too. My 14 XF7000, picked up in September 2014, had 2 miles & .3 hours on the meter.

002ODO_zps9da138bc.jpg

002a%20Hour%20Meter_zpsaslbo0tq.jpg

If there is zero miles, and zero hours, I would question what exactly did the dealer set up? Mine was obviously on the stand getting things dialed in. I had to tighten one hose about 1 1/2 turns due to a very slight coolant weep. Other than that, perfect! At least for the whopping 454 miles I rode last season.:(

Just back from dealer, dampers and bag in hand. Install doesn't appear to difficult. Not even sure I'm going to bother.
Can you please share pictures of both performance damper and Ogio bag?

Back