• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW experiment

WOW, I just went and looked at the pics on the yamaha website of the lower shock mounting on the Mountain sled and it is in the same place as old Viper. Unless I see this wrong or it changes before production. Doesn't effect me as mine are already moved but if you 2015 guys have "heavy front" you might look at moving the lower skid shock mount as specified here.

http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/products/modelgallerylib/698/1/0/gallery.aspx#

Just curious if anyone else has tried this relocate. What were your results? I have the 160# spring in the front which made the steering lighter but the weight transfer seems very minimal. I had a nytro xtx prior and really liked the way you could pop the throttle coming off an approach and easily lift the front end. Just looking for more weight transfer. It's a Viper XTX with aggressive snow trackers so I can sacrifice some ski pressure and still turn.

Just curious if anyone else has tried this relocate. What were your results? I have the 160# spring in the front which made the steering lighter but the weight transfer seems very minimal. I had a nytro xtx prior and really liked the way you could pop the throttle coming off an approach and easily lift the front end. Just looking for more weight transfer. It's a Viper XTX with aggressive snow trackers so I can sacrifice some ski pressure and still turn.
Do you have sag when you sit on sled?

Yes, probably 2-3".

Can you almost bottom if you jump on back of boards? I am thinking your rear shock is what the difference is as long as traction is same vs Nytro.

I'll have to try and video how much travel I'm using when I jump on it. I am about 220 lbs. and I usually run the rear shock at about 120-125 psi. It definitely seems like it spins the track to easily even on good hard pack which is why I'm thinking I'm not getting good transfer even though I know most xtx guys have all kinds of transfer.

I have tried the relocate with the bottom bolt for the shock and it didn't change transfer much, but did push the front part of the track down more for powder riding.

The rear shock is most of your transfer on the XTX....but the shock works along with the front (center) shock so you can't take out a lot of pressure or it will drop the ride height if the front shock is set soft. My suggestion would be to bump up the spring pressure in the front (center) shock and take out 15 psi out of your rear shock.

Another thing that could be going on is maybe the shock is sticking or even blown. Take it off and release all the air by removing the Schrader valve. Then push it all the way down. Release it and it should extend smoothly on its own. It wont come out all the way because of the internal spring but it should extend smoothly.

Thanks stingray719 great ideal for the shock relocate just did it on my 2016 mtx 153 dropped the rear skid bolt on the last hole and pushed the bottom front shock bolt some what like u did since the boggie wheel is not in the same spot as you i pushed the bolt one inch wow what a diff can actually lift the viper from the bumper now wow ahahah

Where can a person find a 160 lbs spring ?

Back