• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New guy here just bought 04 RX WARRIOR

speedfreak1

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2004 RX WARRIOR
So I have not been snowmobileing since my 99 CC 700 blew up.on me in 2003...Just when all the cool stuff was coming out ... This year my girlfriend said let's get a couple sleds ...So the next day I was online and found two Yamaha Rx's one is a 03 Rx1 hers and mine is a 04 RX WARRIOR have only been a couple times.. Forgot how much I love this sport... I love my 137" track its amazing how much easier it is to ride In All conditions... I thought I would be slower through the Twisties and my buddies would be waiting for me with there 121" but I kept up just fine did not even notice the track being longer... Heck in the powder I was waiting for them... I will never go back to a short track and looking for a longer skid for my girl ...Both sleds are still stock with about 8,000 miles on them... I don't notice the weight like my buddy said I would and love the torque could not be happier with my purchase...

I have been on this site for a bit just reading and looking and decided to join today..I am glad to see this RX site is still active so much info and I have alot I want to do with it not that it needs anything really I just can't leave anything alone... Any way hope to meet some of you and I will do my best to find a thread before asking a question that has been asked a hundred times...

Find a 136 Mono skid for her and she will really like it. They ride like a dream when compared to the ProAction skids. On trail the Mono works very well for that sled.

You'll love the sled and once I setup my suspension and learned how to corner it, its amazing. The power plus the handling makes it the perfect sled for me. This forum has great info for setting up this sled. I've settled on Bergstrom triple point 6 inch as best balance, tracking in corners, and reasonable steering effort. With the shims and ski savers, darting so far is solved. You may want to try different solutions that fit your riding style. Limiter strap bolts show 3/4 inch at the top and front ski preload at minimum, when springs get loose, ski's in the air. The only issue I have is off trail it's not great and I've got stuck plenty. On the lake, right conditions I've taken it over 100mph gps. Enjoy!!

You'll love the sled and once I setup my suspension and learned how to corner it, its amazing. The power plus the handling makes it the perfect sled for me. This forum has great info for setting up this sled. I've settled on Bergstrom triple point 6 inch as best balance, tracking in corners, and reasonable steering effort. With the shims and ski savers, darting so far is solved. You may want to try different solutions that fit your riding style. Limiter strap bolts show 3/4 inch at the top and front ski preload at minimum, when springs get loose, ski's in the air. The only issue I have is off trail it's not great and I've got stuck plenty. On the lake, right conditions I've taken it over 100mph gps. Enjoy!!
It'll do over 100 alright:sled2:

Welcome! It's great to hear another couple rockin these sweat Riggs me and my wife have 2004 RX1 mountain! Anyone can ride these sleds once you get used to them, we upgraded seats suspention and 2" riser...Done!

Any rear suspension other than the no - action is a dream by comparison. Some inexpensive options and pretty easy instal made this the single best upgrade for handling and comfort.
I've had my warrior since 08, wouldn't trade it for anything....something about the old school new school that's appealing for my taste......enjoy !

So I have not been snowmobileing since my 99 CC 700 blew up.on me in 2003...Just when all the cool stuff was coming out ... This year my girlfriend said let's get a couple sleds ...So the next day I was online and found two Yamaha Rx's one is a 03 Rx1 hers and mine is a 04 RX WARRIOR have only been a couple times.. Forgot how much I love this sport... I love my 137" track its amazing how much easier it is to ride In All conditions... I thought I would be slower through the Twisties and my buddies would be waiting for me with there 121" but I kept up just fine did not even notice the track being longer... Heck in the powder I was waiting for them... I will never go back to a short track and looking for a longer skid for my girl ...Both sleds are still stock with about 8,000 miles on them... I don't notice the weight like my buddy said I would and love the torque could not be happier with my purchase...

I have been on this site for a bit just reading and looking and decided to join today..I am glad to see this RX site is still active so much info and I have alot I want to do with it not that it needs anything really I just can't leave anything alone... Any way hope to meet some of you and I will do my best to find a thread before asking a question that has been asked a hundred times...

THANKS FOR welcoming and advice looking forward to doing some mods, already have a list from the suggestions you guys have given me.. thanks a bunch.... I just got back from U.P. trip first time there in the winter what a blast... had six of us riding and picked up 4 guys from Iowa that were lost nice group of guys everyone had a great time...

welcome aboard, dont forget to use the search box upper right. endless info on here. use keywords like bar riser, airwave, mono, m20, wrp seat, etc. we can help you with your questions also. enjoy.

welcome aboard, dont forget to use the search box upper right. endless info on here. use keywords like bar riser, airwave, mono, m20, wrp seat, etc. we can help you with your questions also. enjoy.
thank you for those pointers all that stuff is exactly what I am looking to do.. can't decide between an M-10 or a mono for the rear skid would like to be able to get the ski's in the air and hook up better ... not sure which skid is better for that I believe it s the Mono from all the reading I have done

Any rear suspension other than the no - action is a dream by comparison. Some inexpensive options and pretty easy instal made this the single best upgrade for handling and comfort.
I've had my warrior since 08, wouldn't trade it for anything....something about the old school new school that's appealing for my taste......enjoy !
Can you tell us how the ripsaw II compares to the original ripsaw on the Warrior?

Back