1. PLEASE READ: If you have problems logging in with your old password, click the Forgot Password link in the log in screen to get an email verification to request a new password or click Here. If you haven't received a new password from the forum please email your username and password to webmaster@totallyamaha.com. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All hotmail, msn, outlook, live email accounts are not receiving email notifications. The only way to remedy this is to add @totallyamaha.com to your safe senders list in order to receive notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

New hurricane 300hp trail muffler

Discussion in 'SideWinder Trail Talk' started by HURRICANE, Jun 14, 2017.

1. HURRICANE

HURRICANE Advertiser Advertiser VIP Member

IMG_1341.JPG we just finished testing our prototype of the hurricane 300hp trail muffler. This muffler looks stock and sounds super quiet while still flowing enough to make 300hp.this muffler no goes to manufacturing and will be sold as new stock replacement. Not exchange

3. fatchance

fatchance Expert

Dave, How much power loss was there compared to the Hindle? Edit....is this the results with the 320 tune?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  4. KnappAttack

KnappAttack VIP Member VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE
    Andddd I'm going to have to have one of these too!!!

5. HURRICANE

HURRICANE Advertiser Advertiser VIP Member

I tested the muffler back to back compared to a straight pipe at the same boost. The muffler lost about 10hp

Runnin' scared ll and fatchance like this.
  6. ryama

ryama Extreme

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    Sidewinder R-TX
    I like the idea of this..... if it is quiet, one of your competitors also make what HE calls a quiet muffler. It is not quiet,can you qualify what your idea of the sound of this muffler is? I'm thinking the least amount of noise is with the stock muffler modified, but perhaps yours is on par with that.

7. fatchance

fatchance Expert

Quiet is subjective and no video or other persons opinion will equal yours so unfortunately it's one of those things that you have to try it for yourself. Best way is to find somebody in your area and hear it for yourself if you don't want to take a chance on purchasing without hearing. Sorry for the Captain obvious answer, but it's true! After all it's making more power than stock so it will be louder than stock.
    Maybe Dave can comment on the difference between the Hindle he sells and this new prototype? For what it's worth, i have his Hindle exhaust and the only time i feel its too loud is when i'm on pavement or in the garage/trailer, but like i said it's totally subjective. By the way...i hate loud exhaust.

8. snowbeast

snowbeast TY 4 Stroke God

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2015 apex xtx traded for a 2017 sidewinder L-tx-le
    FACEBOOK:
    yes
    YOUTUBE:
    yes
    Dave,is this new muffler 2.5 or 3" inch?

9. snowdust

snowdust VIP Member VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Sidewinder
    When do you expect this to be available?

10. ROCKERDAN

ROCKERDAN OCD Sledhead VIP Member

Other
    Snowmobile:
    '18 RTX 50th "Winder"
    I believe this is Daves stock mod. I dont think he calls it that since he will sell them outright. I believe you can save some bucks and have yours modded though, and its same as this. Im still waiting to hear back on more pics. But he has got back to me on many of the things I was asking.

2.5" not 3"......I believe Sandale my be the only one making a 3" for SW, but I could be wrong on that. I have not seen them all.

11. KnappAttack

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE
    This will be a completely different muffler. You can keep your stock muffler intact. Available this fall.

Runnin' scared ll likes this.
  12. ROCKERDAN

ROCKERDAN OCD Sledhead VIP Member

Other
    Snowmobile:
    '18 RTX 50th "Winder"
    Yes true...but from what Dave told me, this one is same as muffler mod. Only difference is price. One you pay about 200 more as its outright, and the other is you send yours in for the exact same mod, cheaper.

I asked him for more pics....should get them soon hopefully.

Runnin' scared ll likes this.
  13. Runnin' scared ll

Runnin' scared ll Newbie

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Yamaha Sidewinder RTX 129
    Hey Mike, which flash are you going to be running? The 270 sounds great with this muffler.
    I wonder if the 270 race would be too much for the trail but I like the idea of having the boost there at 5000 rpms vs. 7000.
    The corner to corner acceleration must be insane, also casing off of jumps etc.

14. Runnin' scared ll

Runnin' scared ll Newbie

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Hey Dan, what's your opinion on the 270 flash, trail(7000 rpms) vs. race(5000 rpms)?

15. KnappAttack

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE

I'll be running Hurricane's 280 Race tune for the most part on the trail, but I have Hurricanes complete bundle of tunes to pick from, I can load them in 30 seconds from my iPhone right thru bluetooth.

ROCKERDAN and Runnin' scared ll like this.
  16. Runnin' scared ll

Runnin' scared ll Newbie

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Ahhhhhh nice! If you can't pick one, pick 'em all, lol.
    What would be the big difference between 270 vs. 280? A win? Lol. Thanks.