• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New member with a new Yamaha

Jruggs73

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 LTX-SE
Hello everyone-I just joined today and just purchased a leftover 17 LTX-SE model. I have been riding for most of my life and this is my first 4 stroke sled. Im coming from a Poo Switchback assault 800 (2017) model. I'm looking for advice for set up and things or tricks you all can share with this new venture for me. I look forward to learning from everyone and it's great to be here along with you all!

Welcome aboard! Tons of info to help you out but more importantly are these awesome TY folk. Anything you need to know just ask and you will get help. I would be lost without this site and the people who share the info and knowledge.

Welcome! you have a lot of reading to do and I would suggest you spend some time on Rockerdans build thread. There is a ton of info on this site that will make your Winder ownership a real pleasure. There are also many very helpful and knowledgeable individuals here that will be more than eager to help you. Good luck with your sled and remember there are no dumb questions just dumb people who ask them.

Hello everyone-I just joined today and just purchased a leftover 17 LTX-SE model. I have been riding for most of my life and this is my first 4 stroke sled. Im coming from a Poo Switchback assault 800 (2017) model. I'm looking for advice for set up and things or tricks you all can share with this new venture for me. I look forward to learning from everyone and it's great to be here along with you all!
Welcome my friend . I think you'll be very happy with your decision ...Been on a polaris.most of my life. Awesome sleds back in the day .. Mostly owned triples . 10 at least lol.. To be honest I tried 1100 turbo cat first .. Didn't like it .. engine sound killed me lol . Bought a 17 yamaha rtx last year.. Drove her bone stock last year put over 2000km and nothing but big smiles.. Gotta be one of the best ones yet. This year I did the TD power trail with stock modified muffler.. Haven't tested it to much yet, But the test run I did actually shocked me lol .. I felt lighter throttle response right away . Not to mention I couldn't believe the mid range poll .. Looking forward to putting more miles . Snow please snow

Last edited:
Welcome brother,my son has same sled,and he loves it,and has had no problems with it.

Welcome to TY and Yamaha. And really welcome to the fastest production sled ever built.
Agreed. I have the same sled as you, also purchased new this season. It’s turning 600 miles on the odometer and I hit 179km/h- albeit briefly- on it today. It is, and will continue to be for quite some time, the fastest production sled in existence. I hope your experience is trouble free.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I am happy to be here among fellow sledders and I love to learn. I'm sure I will be hitting you all up for some advice at some point but I promise I will search for the information before I ask. Did someone say I need SKIS? LoL. Been looking at 6.9 pilots already. Need the sled in my shop first and then the fun begins!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I am happy to be here among fellow sledders and I love to learn. I'm sure I will be hitting you all up for some advice at some point but I promise I will search for the information before I ask. Did someone say I need SKIS? LoL. Been looking at 6.9 pilots already. Need the sled in my shop first and then the fun begins!
Or curves. I like curves. Ski doo club guys found 2 pair cheap and they work great on their sleds, great on my apex and pretty good on the sw. Not sure if I like the slim jims...going to try a single skag to see if that likes cats better!...but it's really pretty dam good with the curves now. Always looking for more though...

IMG_2252.PNG
Well here she is! I pick her up in the morning. Can't wait to start going through everything on the sled.

welcome to Ty lots of good info,congrats on your purchase awesome sled.

Back