• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW MODEL IN FEB 2010?

I hoping they not only keep the Apex, but turbo it to 180-200 so it's ahead of AC. If anything turbo the 3 cylinder to 180-200 and put it in the Apex, saves weight and makes it the new HP king.

The Nytro is nice, but if they drop the Apex like they slowly are then I will be on a XP for sure.
I don't see how they can get rid of the best looking sled made.

pure

I've been buying performance and luxury Yamahas for over 20 years, if they go to the Nytro as their top-of-the-line sled and drop the Apex, they lost me. I need comfort and performance, the Apex has both. My Nytro beats me up too much at 54 years old for me to enjoy for those long rides, although it is a ball to drive, it is a little too much of a workout for this old body. Yamaha needs a sled like the Apex, I can't see any reason why they would drop such a refined, beautiful, fast sled. The difference between the Apex and Nytro is like the difference between a Harley Road King and a dirtbike. I prefer the Road King. :) Wig

sled

i agree no apex no me, i really like yamaha the weight difference
to other brands is way to much, i will go to ski-doo four stoke.

Kinda Confused. If you do not get a big four (big ponies) from Yamaha you will not consider lighter sled with same ponies from Yamaha. Buy a Skidoo with less ponies. The yellow sled has far less ponies than the Apex and is also less than both Vector and Nytro. Vector? :o|

Re: sled

yamadog1 said:
i agree no apex no me, i really like yamaha the weight difference
to other brands is way to much, i will go to ski-doo four stoke.

Whats the weight difference? APEX and "DOO" lets see if you did your homework...

Actual, not calculated wet sled weights from Maxsled.com:
Attak 667#
Apex ER 648#
Apex RTX 644#
Nytro XTX 615#
Doo 1200 4-Tec TNT 579# (69# < Apex ER)
Doo 600 E-Tec Gade 542# (125# < Attak)

Take it for what's it worth, but I heard from someone who was talking to someone who is in the know, that there is a new sled, it is 4 cyl, and it is 180hp Naturally Aspirated...that's all they would say and knew. They knew nothing about the chasis

Sounds like the pre-cross plane 4 Valve R1 Engine.

Supertrax Mag says its going to be a new high performace model using the Nytro motor in and updated deltabox II......essentially a vector on steroids capable of replacing the apex

I'd be sold on that model....The 4 cylinder genesis is a great motor but too wide to get it down low in the chassis to improve handling....Push the 1050 3 cylinder to 160+ HP in a deltabox II and I'm there...Not a fan of the FX chassis for my style of riding..

My dealer says its a updated apex with more hp, xtx:ish length, slightly changed looks and a huuuuge price. Time will tell if he is right.

Back