• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new nytro, lots of ski lift

What happens if you lean into the corner. Is there still ski lift?

well to be honest with you i figured if u ride hard your already using those hooks on the handlebars and hangin off the sld in the corners so leaning helps a great deal its just smahin the loud flipper out of the corner my skis were comin off the ground.

Alatalo said:
My best proposal would be to live with the ski lift and learn how to use it to your advantage. I am not going to be rude and say that you bought the wrong sled for your type of riding , but all rider forward, stand up style, snocross wannabee sleds offer more ski lift - in straight lines as well as out of corners. Part because of their high center of gravity, part because of their relatively uncoupled suspension design. And this is not a design flaw - this is simply something you want from a snocross sled! Trying to rail around a corner in a perfect formula car style radius does not work with these sleds. Instead, try to adapt to a riding style where you square the corner off, kind of in a "stop, point and shoot" way, basically to minimize the time you are actually turning the sled. Then you will be rewarded!

If you can not live with the ski lift (after all, you did not listen to the salesman and now you are trying to make a snocross wannabee sled corner on perfectly groomed trails...), then my second best proposal would be to increase the rear-to-front coupling of the rear suspension by installing adjustable transfer blocks. There are loads of options out there if you want to build your own and you can also buy kits from Ulmer and Hauck.

Regarding limiter straps - for sure - you can also limit the weight transfer by shortening the limiter straps. But I am with Kråkan on this one. Shortening the limiter strap will also decrease your suspension travel. Why the hell would you buy a sled with a lot of suspension travel and then give some of the suspension travel away...?
Snowcross Polaris and Ski-doo's corner flat and predictable. Don't have to live with a non turning , high siding Yamaha. Rode and owned all three. Tie the straps down and you can at least trail ride reasonably fast. The body roll of my SE is what gets me. Thinking it needs a larger sway bar.

Alatalo is right you have to change your riding style quite a bit ,leaning alot more in the corners and being more forward on the sled than non stand up sleds.

I found the body roll to be excessive on the XTX as well. I was surprized to see the center of gravity higher than on the Apex. I would have thought it would have a lower CG. The gas tank is higher as well on the Nytro. I'm not sure why a snowcross derived sled would be engineered like this? I expected it to corner flatter. I'm talking body roll not weight transfer ski lift.
I took the XTX through some tight spots in deep power. The Apex would have got stuck. I had no fear about getting stuck and weaving inbetween the trees was a joke. Even stopping and taking off again was no problem. I have the 1.5 track but I think the stock track here would not change these facts. One think I found I'll have to get use to was the feeling of being flung forward when chopping the throttle. The Apex did not have this because the ski's are another foot out in front of you. On the Nytro your practically sitting over them. This combined with the high center roll feeling on turns was the draw back from all the positives this sled delivers. I'll miss the Apex's top end and that mid range was delicious feeling. I won't miss getting stuck!

I don't care what any of you say - I LOVVVVVVE THE WHEELIES!!!! My Nytro is the talk of all my friends with their sleds, none of them can touch it out of the hole - this Nytro is wild, and I love it!!! Wig

Back