• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New purchase...words of wisdom?

On what exactly? Lots of things have been covered in this section.

On what exactly? Lots of things have been covered in this section.

I’ve been reading through posts, but I was wondering if anyone had pearls to shAre about the 2009 venture lite. I want it purring come the snow fall.
So far I’ve ordered a new belt, sliders, limiter strap, 7” skis.

Enjoy is my primary word of wisdom.

With the fuel we use today fuel supply is the primary issue I read and have personally had with equipment like sleds that sits for months. In light of that I would start / run if all is good treat fuel.... I use sea foam to stabilize others use a number of products that starts a whole other debate...
Also grease skid and ski spindles charge / maintain battery and check carbides.

Enjoy is my primary word of wisdom.

With the fuel we use today fuel supply is the primary issue I read and have personally had with equipment like sleds that sits for months. In light of that I would start / run if all is good treat fuel.... I use sea foam to stabilize others use a number of products that starts a whole other debate...
Also grease skid and ski spindles charge / maintain battery and check carbides.

lol. Just bought some gas stabilizer today! I put that stuff in everything! And I run premium in all my other small engines, so I figure I’ll do the same here! Battery is charged and I’m buying a battery tender.
I do need to grease the machine tho!
and with the 7” skis 8 have dual carbides coming.
I had thought of new shocks but man those are pricey

Great,
For shocks I would not buy, send to Cannondale on site, reasonable and knows his stuff. I have had three done, others comment the same with much more experience. I have not ridden a Venture lite but have ridden the phaser short track and it was fun. I would think that would be a great sled for fun, utility and in deep snow should really shine. Have fun

Great,
I would think that would be a great sled for fun, utility and in deep snow should really shine. Have fun

Your enthusiasm is admirable but I want to dispel any illusions that the OP might have about the Venture MP/Lite in deep snow ... they do many things but shine they do not. I have 14.5K kms on mine, 95 percent off trail and it only works for me because I'm on the flat (ice fishing) and we get relatively little snow.

Welcome to TY Mattcull. Let us know how many kms on your sled and what you know about how it was used. That will give us something to go on regarding recommendations of stuff to check. My sled has only seen basic owner maintenance and has been 100 per cent reliable, definitely used but not abused.

Your enthusiasm is admirable but I want to dispel any illusions that the OP might have about the Venture MP/Lite in deep snow ... they do many things but shine they do not. I have 14.5K kms on mine, 95 percent off trail and it only works for me because I'm on the flat (ice fishing) and we get relatively little snow.

Welcome to TY Mattcull. Let us know how many kms on your sled and what you know about how it was used. That will give us something to go on regarding recommendations of stuff to check. My sled has only seen basic owner maintenance and has been 100 per cent reliable, definitely used but not abused.
Thanks for all the info thus far. My machine has 12500km. It’s in reasonable shape and I think it was used for fishing. I’m trying to find some good skis for it. I want to get off trail as much as I can. So I was hoping to find some wide skis (any help
In this area would be great!!)

I’m also currently in the process of doing an oil change. That’s a bit of a process on these machines hey....

Should I also be checking the crank case??? I’ve never done that!
I’m
Gonna grease all the fittings shortly as well...

anything else I should be looking at?

TY has been awesome! So many helpful people! Thanks guys!
Any direction on those skis would rock!

well the most economical skis to put on it would be phazer mtx skis with the tec pages ski shim mod. they work well on trail and float well off trail. i do recccomend a float plate as it is a big help in the powder. my phazer rtx/x has one and it really helps in the powder.

c+a would probably work (the utility ones that are 8"wide) but never tried them. i have used curve xs skis and they handle well on trail and float well off trail but my go to ski is the 09 mtx ski as it works best for me.

I run 8 inch Sly Dog Powderhounds and am very pleased with them.

Now is a good time to check how tight your whole front end and steering is. Jack the front end up and see how tight everything is ... or isn't. Good time to go through the skid greasing bearings and check the condition of your limiter straps.

I run 8 inch Sly Dog Powderhounds and am very pleased with them.

Now is a good time to check how tight your whole front end and steering is. Jack the front end up and see how tight everything is ... or isn't. Good time to go through the skid greasing bearings and check the condition of your limiter straps.
Excellent ideas, what do I sonic steering isn’t tight?

I’ve already ordered new limiter straps and I’m gonna grease later today!
How do I grease the bearings ?

There is a writeup here somewhere on how to regrease the drive bearings, the one under the secondary clutch and the lower one under the speedo sensor. Easy enough to do. Pop the seals, clean out with WD40 (do NOT use brake cleaner), blow out, fill with grease and re-install seals.

Thanks for the correction on the deep snow issue as I said I had not ridden one.

Back