• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Rear Shock

GRIZZSTER

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Apex SE
Tired of my fox mega on my 2011 apex SE. Smooth trails I love it.. End of day moguls not so much.. It's either 10km/h or 100km/h to get through it. Should I buy KYB, Ohlins or Axis? Looks like only stage 2 Ohlins for my sled in the REAR. Axis is quite expensive.. Not sure what available or where toget KYB. Is this just a waste of time and need a different skid?

Last edited:

Following this one.....
I have a 2013 standard Apex. After a revalve of the stock kyb it rides pretty good. However, I really dislike how there is only rebound adjustment on this shock where as my previous 07 had the ohlins with compression, rebound, and I could easily change the spring.

Does anyone know if the+2011 sleds still has the wiring if I wanted to go to the ohlins? I thought I read in the past you could just add the wiring harness and the ohlins to give you an electronic rear......

Thanks for any help. I have not tried the mega float but coming from motocross...I want adjustability.

Thanks

I ended up getting the hygear dual pressure system for the front fox shocks and an Elka stage 2 coil over for the rear, set up for my weight to replace the Megafloat. I also replaced the track with a new ripsaw 2 track and studs. Hope I get some improvement

Back