• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New RS Venture Owner

oldguy2 said:
There are two blocks on the rear that can be adjusted. The triangle one has light, medium, and heavy. You just use the wrench kit in the tool box to turn it. No bolts to loosen. The other block is a 2up adjustment that you turn up to the spring. Pull on the lock pin and use the same wrench to turn it. No bolt to loosen. You will have to play with the settings until you find the right combination that gives you the ride you want. I still havn't got mine set right, but no snow here to test it.Hope this helps.
'Newbe' to Yamaha... I now own an almost new 2009 RS Venture GT(1400kms) and am having a hard time finding this "1up,2up adjustment block". I've searched many threads to no avail! Could someone please tell me where to locate this/these blocks? Or, even better, provide a pic?? I've read the manual a # of times(maybe not well enough,LOL!) and cannot find any word on the matter. It has occurred to me that perhaps the 2009s' did not have this.... although some write-ups state it is there.

THe RS Venture and RS Venture GT's are different sleds so possibly your GT does not have the two-up block. My 2010 RS Venture TF does not have it. The suspension on the GT/TF are plenty stiff and the two-up blocks are not needed - I have yet to bottom mine with a full load and the torsion block set to "M". THe VL however, is a different story. They are quite large white blocks that are one way adjustable for one-up or two-up as described above and are located on the front long arm of the torsion spring. The triangular torsion spring adjuster is on the back part of the spring and is usually black plastic type mat'l.
hope this helps,

Ahh.. thank you! The venture and the venture GT are, as you stated, entirely different sleds! My confusion started with (being a new owner) doing multiple readings/stats/reviews and am now seeing the differences! The GT does not come with the blocks... the shocks on the GT have more dial adjustments. Thanks for clearing this up. My neck also thanks you for the stop given to the multiple pretzel twists trying to locate this in the skid! LOL!

Thank you... and for reminding me to update my profile. Have a cottage over on the Quebec side(Val des Monts). Ride a lot of QC trails north of Gatineau, up over to Ste Agathe and Mt Laurier (Laurentians) Finally bought myself an almost new loaded Venture GT this summer and am itching to try it out! Planning to travel a bit!
I see you're from NFLD! You guys have been 'hogging' all the snow these past few years! Everytime I watch the weather forecast, NFLD is getting double. Enjoy!

Back