• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Semi Rigid Tunnel Gear Bags for SR Viper

Big Daddy SRX

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTXDX,2014 SR Viper, 2012 Vector LTX, 2011 Apex XTX,
AOL
reesetrailer@aol.com
Just noticed some new semi rigid gear bags for the SR Viper . Three sizes available. No information as to the actual size. Has anyone tried one on a 2014 with a 129" track?

Buddy has one on his Cat. They are nice. Seem more waterproof than the old ones an attachment looks nicer.

that would be part # SMA-8MB63-00-BK correct? I really would like to order this bag for the season, but it makes me cringe that I need to drill into my new sled so soon. Anyone get this bag installed yet?

that would be part # SMA-8MB63-00-BK correct? I really would like to order this bag for the season, but it makes me cringe that I need to drill into my new sled so soon. Anyone get this bag installed yet?

Yes, both myself and my buddy installed these on our Cat 7000s when Cat introduced them a couple of years ago. I really like that it is semi-rigid with a huge opening. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Yes, both myself and my buddy installed these on our Cat 7000s when Cat introduced them a couple of years ago. I really like that it is semi-rigid with a huge opening. Highly recommended.
Ease of install pretty simple? I heard these have a 1/4 turn fasteners on them so easy to take off/on when you don't need it, which I like a lot. And yeah, not a fan of the soft bags.

Ease of install pretty simple? I heard these have a 1/4 turn fasteners on them so easy to take off/on when you don't need it, which I like a lot. And yeah, not a fan of the soft bags.[/QUOT

It does have twist cam locks so the bag can be removed easily. Install is pretty easy, but it does take a leap of faith to drill into your tunnel. Measure twice, drill once. At least you don't have to worry about heat exchangers below on the Viper/Cat 7000. My sled is a 137" so I actually put the larger bag on mine.

Just noticed some new semi rigid gear bags for the SR Viper . Three sizes available. No information as to the actual size. Has anyone tried one on a 2014 with a 129" track?
I just purchased the large for my 137" viper... very nice and good space. looks great on sled.

Any way you can post the instruction on the install? Or snap a few pictures of yours installed? Just curious to see how they attach to the underside of the tunnel.

Any way you can post the instruction on the install? Or snap a few pictures of yours installed? Just curious to see how they attach to the underside of the tunnel.
Just a small metric bolt with nyloc nut that goes through the peg and hole you drill in tunnel that the 1/4 turn knob fits over. Simple, took 5min to install.

Just a small metric bolt with nyloc nut that goes through the peg and hole you drill in tunnel that the 1/4 turn knob fits over. Simple, took 5min to install.
Looks like I'll be biting the bullet next week and just install it! Thanks for the info!

I just purchased the large for my 137" viper... very nice and good space. looks great on sled.
Any pictures of it on the sled? I was debating between the Medium and Large, but I have a 129...

Any pictures of it on the sled? I was debating between the Medium and Large, but I have a 129...
It will all depend on what want to carry... I would recommend the large. I would have went bigger on my 137 but I have the stabilizing shock system on the back of the tunnel....I think the large is what would fill all of whats left behind the seat of the 129,

Looking at installing either the large or extra large on my viper with a 141. Can anyone tell me how much room is left on the tunnel. Would like to be able to put a mountain addiction setup behind the bag of room allows

Picking up my Medium bag tonight and will be getting installed tonight along with my new skis and Bill Mohr center shock spring. Pics at a later date.

Back