• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW SETTING ON ULMER CLUTCH KIT

TOMBOB

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 APEX ER
Just change the setting on Ulmer clutch kit from 9-1 to 6-1 and after putting on the belt
And running the sled, belt has dropped from top of clutch to below top of clutch.
Do I have added washer to correct this?

you shouldn’t have to , that l don’t think would of been changed, just a little less spring pressure.

Guess I jumped the ship. Looked at again and it back to normal

on a stand … let the clutches shift out some but giving it some fare amount of throttle, then let tings settle to a natural stop with no brakes applied as this will give ya a good indication of belt ride height.

So does this result in more degrees of rotation or less? What affect has it had on the behaviour of the sled?

What's the reason to change the wrap on spring? Ulmer has endless hours of testing these kits and there is a reason why he had 9-1 in the directions. Changing it to 6-1 will make it shift faster and probably drop your RPM'S 4 to 500 on top.

I see your running the soft start spring in your primary that will also have an effect on the performance. The kit was not designed around that spring did you let Ulmer know about that.These clutch kits are designed to work with the parts and directions it came with. Not saying they can't be improved on but 9 times out of 10 when you start messing with them you loss prefomance.

Stock 2006 Apex RTX. How does the soft start spring compare to the full Ulmers kit designed for trail riding? My stock setup engages way too aggressively for my tastes. Thanks.

I did loose top in speed, but that's not my thing. Going back to Ulmer spring next trip 2-14-20

Back