• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New sled "dead" since day 1

TheFarm845

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX LE
I posted before about my 2022 LTX LE cutting out and restricting power above 6300ish rpm, now I'm getting slow results from the dealer. This is the 4th week now since I bought the sled brand new and its been in and out of the dealer since day 1 with the same issue. Yamaha techs now advise the dealer to "swap out the ecm with a good one from another sled". Well there's no dang new sleds out there anyways. And Yamaha doesn't have any new ecm's available with no future availablity date. Sooooo here's my new useless sled sitting at the dealer with no foreseeable fix. Pretty awesome!....

I did contact Yamaha customer service and have a case with them. Was advised to wait it out and I'll get some sort of "compensation" in the form of accessories or extended warranty. Nice and all, but that doesn't fix me making payments on a sled and not being able to ride in the prime of winter lol

Is this the same machine you were just posting about?
The one you wanted to know about running a muffler without tune?

Yup, trying to get my hopes up for next winter at least, I'm excited to have the sled, just sucks right now with this current situation.

Last edited:
Oh and there was a 3" sandale trail muffler on ebay for $125 at the time, that's mainly why I was asking, thought it might be a good buy to have for next season, but didn't want to have to tune it right away either.

Ok.
Was there mods done to the machine from the beginning?

Ok.
Was there mods done to the machine from the beginning?
Nope, bone stock 0 miles brand new off the showroom floor. The dealer at first tried adjusting the throttle cable, then checked the throttle position sensor, then bypassed the kill switch, replaced the TSS, and still no luck. So now Yamaha told the dealer to swap the ECU

I feel your pain! I fix computerized Alignment Machines for cars, light trucks and heavy trucks. As well as Wheel Balancers. Tire Machines. I have never seen so many defective parts in my 13 years of doing this job. What I am seeing is defective chips. And it is costing Me hundreds of miles and hours. All started last Summer. Sorry for your situation. Makes me worry about the 2 Yamaha EX Waverunners. I just bought they are still in the crate. Guess. I better have them prepped. Pull them in the garage. And get out the garden hose or test tank. Or I should have the dealer put them in the test tank. While I am watching!

I feel your pain! I fix computerized Alignment Machines for cars, light trucks and heavy trucks. As well as Wheel Balancers. Tire Machines. I have never seen so many defective parts in my 13 years of doing this job. What I am seeing is defective chips. And it is costing Me hundreds of miles and hours. All started last Summer. Sorry for your situation. Makes me worry about the 2 Yamaha EX Waverunners. I just bought they are still in the crate. Guess. I better have them prepped. Pull them in the garage. And get out the garden hose or test tank. Or I should have the dealer put them in the test tank. While I am watching!
Yeah..son in law has an older ranger balancer that some circuit board failed. And it was a US made. Seems the new ones are chinese.....
I agree with most new stuff. Sure,looks pretty (car..suvs suck...lol..nobody makes cars cept toyota and a few... and trucks) So many friends and family have to go back to dealers for updates...wasting time. Life is too short to drive a rental why the dealer figures out what chip is bad...and then cant get it! Im fortunate to have professional mechanics and an actual restorer as freinds and family. Guess Im a wannabee vice grip garage and scotty kilmer. lol

Back