• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Sled in Already

stevewithOCD

Yamaha, Make me Come Back
Country
USA
Snowmobile
900 R
2006 Apex RTX
YEP
It's at the dealer!
I heard it may not come in until January cuz of COVID
September 6 is the earliest I've EVER gotten a sled

OK, it's a DOO so don't yell at me!
But i plan on giving an honest evaluation & comparison after Xmas and i wasn't sure i'd have a sled to compare with.
I have 3 Sidewinders to run with, including my old '17, so i hope to give a good report.

This won't be about speed or handling or..........................................ok i lied...................we'll be lined up on mile 2.6 knowing me
And on mile 3.6 i'll be claiming my "180" hp shouldn't be able to keep up with a Winder that also produces "180" hp.
By mile 100 i'll be on the phone with Dave or Ben and HYGEAR, but i don't plan on going on DOOTALK
You kids are gonna hear the Good, the Bad and the Ugly from me.

Hopefully i won't be calling Travis to send me some re-engineered chit to keep my sled running.

P.S: Travis as in Barn of Parts Travis. I'm on a first name basis & have him on speed dial
P.S2: I think Travis is hoping for failures on the new DOO since there is SOOOO many of them. He'll be rich.

Great news for you Steve. It's tough waiting for a new sled. Glad to hear that your new ride has arrived, especially this year with all of the reported shortage of parts.

I wish that Yamaha offered a lightweight trail performance sled. The SideWinders are still a lot of fun but a lightweight 2 stroke would still get me fired up on a weekend burn of the trails.

Looking forwards to your honest reviews of your new ride this winter.

Faster.jpg

Nice. My dealer hasn't received any Ace yet.

Steve, Can't be worst than your last Ski-Doo, as per your signature was a Mach too!

He bought the new mach z. Yep a heavy four-stroke turbo. I can't wait to hear his opinion on it. But really not. We have several ski doo four stroke guys in our group that buy new sleds every year. They want to take the roads or go back home when the trails get rough.

It's not a MACH, just a plain Renegade Adrenaline with bottom end shocks.
Plain Black. I need DON to design a wrap for me.
It's the same motor without launch control.

Not sure why your buds would take the roads. I found the 4-Stroke 900T had a much better rear skid than the Winder with all things equal.
I'll soon see if they improved the front end cuz it wasn't as good as the Procross front end.
The 1200's were horrible, but the 900T weighs 70 pounds less than a Winder if not more.
I'll weigh both when i get a chance.
I plan on filling 5 different sleds up full of gas & putting them on my scales.

2017 Sidewinder LTX with 137'' track
2022 900R with 137'' track
2021 POO 850 with 137'' track
2007 Apex GT with 129'' track
2012 Apex LTX with 144'' track

Just having some fun with you Steve. Always looking for some fast guys to ride with if you ever come to the UP of Michigan.

Nice. My dealer hasn't received any Ace yet.

Steve, Can't be worst than your last Ski-Doo, as per your signature was a Mach too!
Are you referring to the Ski Doo stuck in my head?
Cuz my last DOO was amazing.
5200 trouble free miles until last ride before trade in, i blew a bearing.

Steve I met you at Haydays years ago the UP is closer

I think the UP is 16 hours or so depending where i start.
When we get back to "normal", i'm going to plan a trip.
I'll take 2 weeks off & tear up the area.
I'll leave a scar on the trails & minds of the Great NorthWest. LOL

I will most likely hook up with BEERMAN in MN, but i'll need to stop by for tea at Don's (VXR1).
It may be quicker through Canada, but i'm not sure what the travel restrictions will be.
Hopefully COVID slows down & we get back to "normal"

P.S: I don't drink tea, but i picture Don sipping tea with his wife with a pinky up then getting on his sled & turning into the Tasmanian Devil...............................for 50 miles then he goes home to nap............................just my vision of Don

Hey Steve.....

We could have an awesome time hooking up in the Yoop if you ever decide to head west sometime.

If you're looking for a wrap for your new sled....I'm working with a friend who's got a Gen4 Ski Doo 850. We're designing a retro Ski Doo TNT Silver Bullet look for his sled. Get in touch with me if you're interested.

I've got some more to say, but I need a nap.

Cheers Buddy!

1631730996621.png

This is what my dealer told me today about the 2022 Mach Z I ordered.
So sleds this year. This is what I made up to send anyone who asks since there is a big concern. We are getting sleds in every week actually and will have all the sleds delivered. So that is great news!!! But they will be missing parts. Like gauges and electrical components. Parts hopefully will be available in November or December for them if all goes well. We than have over 215 sleds to get out to customers. We can build 5-6 a day with extra mechanics we have for this. So 20 a week if everything goes perfect. And as fast as we can schedule you in for pick up. So example if we start building late November early December we have 8-10 weeks of building and delivering to everyone so yes the last sled built and delivered will be end of Jan early Feb. We understand not ideal and yes into sledding season. This is purely due to no parts for the skidoos. So we are trying our absolute best and be assured when they are ready I will reach out to you and be prepared to pick up as soon as I Call cause we’re going to build and get them out as fast as possible. As you see the numbers and timing It's not going to be good. But there is absolutely nothing you or I can do about it. We Just will do our absolute best to build and get to you when I can! I will reach out when you can pick and your new sled and book a time.

Where in Ontario is this? I'm thinking of getting them to give me my Ace 130hp and plugin whatever is missing when it comes.

This is what my dealer told me today about the 2022 Mach Z I ordered.
So sleds this year. This is what I made up to send anyone who asks since there is a big concern. We are getting sleds in every week actually and will have all the sleds delivered. So that is great news!!! But they will be missing parts. Like gauges and electrical components. Parts hopefully will be available in November or December for them if all goes well. We than have over 215 sleds to get out to customers. We can build 5-6 a day with extra mechanics we have for this. So 20 a week if everything goes perfect. And as fast as we can schedule you in for pick up. So example if we start building late November early December we have 8-10 weeks of building and delivering to everyone so yes the last sled built and delivered will be end of Jan early Feb. We understand not ideal and yes into sledding season. This is purely due to no parts for the skidoos. So we are trying our absolute best and be assured when they are ready I will reach out to you and be prepared to pick up as soon as I Call cause we’re going to build and get them out as fast as possible. As you see the numbers and timing It's not going to be good. But there is absolutely nothing you or I can do about it. We Just will do our absolute best to build and get to you when I can! I will reach out when you can pick and your new sled and book a time.
YEP!
It's true.
My dealer said mine was only 5 of the first 60 all complete. He's got another 90 coming in soon.
They just weren't fully assembled cuz some parts came in the same day as the sleds. They were delivered directly to his shop.

CRAZY times we're in!

Back