• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New spring for Yamaha Secondary, no coil bind and better torsion

NOS-PRO

"The Burnman"
Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder, SR Viper XTX, SR Viper XTX, 2016 Apex XTX and Pro-Line Pro Stock 1000
You heard it!

Took awhile and a lot of testing, but Thunder Products now has a secondary spring that will not coil bind and has better twist and side pressure than the stock Sidewinder Yamaha secondary spring that can be used in your Nytro, Viper and Sidewinder. Tests have proven quicker acceleration out of the hole or off of the line, faster speeds with more top end speeds and quicker ET times.

The new orange secondary spring is custom made, shot-peened and blasted, coated with orange powdercoating to give you long lasting spring life.

http://thunderproducts.com/product/tpi-secondary-clutch-springs/

Make sure to choose the Sidewinder orange spring and Yamaha brand when ordering

You heard it!

Took awhile and a lot of testing, but Thunder Products now has a secondary spring that will not coil bind and has better twist and side pressure than the stock Sidewinder Yamaha secondary spring that can be used in your Nytro, Viper and Sidewinder. Tests have proven quicker acceleration out of the hole or off of the line, faster speeds with more top end speeds and quicker ET times.

The new orange secondary spring is custom made, shot-peened and blasted, coated with orange powdercoating to give you long lasting spring life.

http://thunderproducts.com/product/tpi-secondary-clutch-springs/

Make sure to choose the Sidewinder orange spring and Yamaha brand when ordering

What HP range are these suitable for?

What HP range are these suitable for?

Tested these on stock sleds and flashed Sidewinders and turbo Vipers. Soon to be testing on race program Sidewinders

What will a guy see or feel on an APEX xtx with XUP? Like Joe asked

Last edited:
I'll look you up Terry. Haven't been happy with mine for a while.

We go way back a long time and you know I'll get you where you want to be bud.... ;)!

If I just changed my secondary spring to thunder products orange spring, do I have to do anymore clutching to a stock sidewinder?

If I just changed my secondary spring to thunder products orange spring, do I have to do anymore clutching to a stock sidewinder?
No. But there are pretty good gains in our big venom kit for added performance.

Back