• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New thread on Intercom Communicators

Brandon Doering

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2002 Yamaha SRX 700
2008 Yamaha Apex GT
Hey everyone, I'm looking into helmet intercoms to be able to communicate with our group when we go. The only thread I saw was from 2006. So I am wondering who has what and what do you and your other riders think of the units. With some of the trails we go on it can also help with safety especially coming up on an accident or icy turns.

It seems Collett's are very common especially if you have a modular helmet. Although I own a set of Scala G4 communicators, I know Rock also sells two different sets of communicators and are priced right. He is a site supporter and vendor of TY4.

like the scala rider g9 ones we use. use them on my bike in the summer too. too bad they have discontinued the g series. no experiance with the new ones but old ones where pretty good.

It seems Collett's are very common especially if you have a modular helmet. Although I own a set of Scala G4 communicators, I know Rock also sells two different sets of communicators and are priced right. He is a site supporter and vendor of TY4.
Good to know, I'll look into it! Thanks

like the scala rider g9 ones we use. use them on my bike in the summer too. too bad they have discontinued the g series. no experiance with the new ones but old ones where pretty good.
Thanks, I have been researching some but there are so many.

I see the Cardo Packtalk Bold can get up to 5 miles in a group of over 2 with 13 hours of battery life.

range is very subjective to conditions go over a hill or into the woods and the shrinks considerably. our group uses the Uclear system. we like it the battery lasts all day unless it gets real cold out. range is 1 mile when in open view of each other in the woods it shrinks to about 1/4 mile but still not bad. they also piggy back off each to extend range when there is more than two linked up. I like that they cancel all wind noise we tested with a leaf blower blowing directly in the helmet and none of that sound came through. I like that the battery lasts a good long time I like that we were able to cut some foam and install the speakers directly in the helmet I like that they have held up for 4 years so far. I like that we can use them in the bv2s helmet (it is a little muffled because of the mask but still work) you just have to speak a little louder. I like that it bluetooth's to my phone and I can answer a call by just saying hello and I can listen to music through it when not connected to the group. I would like it more if I could listen to tunes and have it interrupt or voice over when talking. I would like it more if it had even more range when in the woods. over all I am very happy with the units and would recommend them. they have saved us a many times with the ability to warn about trail perils. Its also fun to pitch each other some crap when ridding too.

No experience yet but I'm leaning toward the Sena 30K or 20S EVO product. Have some in our group and so far feedback if favorable.

We love our Sena 20S, I have a set from Rock as well for our off trail Helmets but they have limitations. For example with the Sena you can have music playing and once you start to talk it will reduce volume of the music so you can talk, Rocks you either get communication or Music but not both at same time. If you can pay more you will be happier going with something better but for the price Rocks work.

SENA I use the 10s series. Love them. Use them for snowmobiling along with summer use on motorcycles. The 20s series are a little pricier but have had no issues with my 10s series. Reception distance also depends on the terrain you are riding in.

Back