• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to me 2014 xtx, what are must do mods?

crossthread

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper XTX SE
I just purchased a 2014 viper xtx with 205 miles on it for $6700. . Has not had any mods or flashes yet. Which mods should I consider. Not crazy about the clutching, I have never touched a clutch, but I'm mechanically inclined, can I do it myself?

White pink white primary clutch spring (less jumpy at take off). Or barn of parts soft start spring.

Front rear skid spring. Change to either 135 or 160lbs spring. Stock one is only 110lbs. Can run less preload, and in turn less bucking Bronco effect. Plus helps take weight off front skis without needing to preload spring.

If you're mechanically inclined, move the fuse box up onto the belt guard. Have to make a small bracket, but pretty simple. Gives you access to fuses without having to remove the whole hood.

I'm sure there's a pile of other mods, but the primary spring and front skid spring change have been the best mods I've done.

TURBO!!! Lol as mentioned skid spring, clutching, free air box mod if not going to turbo, I ditched the floats for qs3’s, moved the fuse box to clutch guard I’m sure there’s others that ive missed. I did change to curve skis.

I replaced my stock carbides with Everlaster carbides and made a huge difference in biting in the turns.
Considering front skid show springs as well.

White pink white primary clutch spring (less jumpy at take off). Or barn of parts soft start spring.

Front rear skid spring. Change to either 135 or 160lbs spring. Stock one is only 110lbs. Can run less preload, and in turn less bucking Bronco effect. Plus helps take weight off front skis without needing to preload spring.

If you're mechanically inclined, move the fuse box up onto the belt guard. Have to make a small bracket, but pretty simple. Gives you access to fuses without having to remove the whole hood.

I'm sure there's a pile of other mods, but the primary spring and front skid spring change have been the best mods I've done.

I changed out the skid spring and I am still adjusting. Is this barn of parts a squared up place? I looked at their products and I am ready to buy half the store. Has anyone tried the mechanical power steering they sell?

I replaced my stock carbides with Everlaster carbides and made a huge difference in biting in the turns.
Considering front skid show springs as well.
Update to the above. After using the Everlaster carbides for a lot of miles although they were a huge improvement over stock they still push a lot in loose snow and the ski’s have almost no floatation in deep snow. I have since replaced the skis with SLP MoHawks and they’re carbides. Highly recommend this setup. It now rails in the corners, no push, very little darting and the flotation is outstanding.

Last edited:
Crossthread, I have dealt with Travis a couple of times (Barn ofParts), all vendors should be like him. Can't recommend him enough.

What turbos are people running on the viper?

X2 what SaskAttack said. Barn of Parts is awesome. Travis is a great guy, keep in mind he is a one man operation and this is peak season for him so if you don’t hear from him immediately don’t get discouraged. I keep a wish list and usually buy a bunch of stuff from him in the summer. Keeps me in the sled game and he’s not nearly as busy so everything I order gets to my house in less than a week.

Back