• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to me, another Sr Viper with MPI 190 turbo, couple of small questions

Emmustwheel

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 SR Viper 180MPI, 2006 apex
New to me sled. 2015 with the 2016 front end. Turbo works well with koso gauge kit and rollover valve and a few other goodies.

Having an issue, smoke from the belt in reverse. Even if just moving the sled 10 ft and getting on the throttle, not going slow. I get some smoke from the belt. Ideas?
The sled also hits the rev limiter way to easy, like the belt is slipping or something is not happy. I would expect it to pull harder from the get go, not hit rev limiter and then slowly start to go. Is there a better belt option out there? Helix adjustments? Or just keep putting new belts on?.

Has the stock original skis, what are others running to get a little more flotation? So far it feels more like it tunnels in the powder instead of trying to get on top of it.

So far I am very happy with the sled and its performance and feel, coming off of a Nytro and an Apex.

THank you to everyone for input and your ideas!

I can't answer the first question but I have thr SlyDog attack skis and they help keep it up. Don't notice it diving under the snow. I just too came from a nytro to a Turbo Viper. Best decision I've mad!

New to me sled. 2015 with the 2016 front end. Turbo works well with koso gauge kit and rollover valve and a few other goodies.

Having an issue, smoke from the belt in reverse. Even if just moving the sled 10 ft and getting on the throttle, not going slow. I get some smoke from the belt. Ideas?
The sled also hits the rev limiter way to easy, like the belt is slipping or something is not happy. I would expect it to pull harder from the get go, not hit rev limiter and then slowly start to go. Is there a better belt option out there? Helix adjustments? Or just keep putting new belts on?.

Has the stock original skis, what are others running to get a little more flotation? So far it feels more like it tunnels in the powder instead of trying to get on top of it.

So far I am very happy with the sled and its performance and feel, coming off of a Nytro and an Apex.

THank you to everyone for input and your ideas!
I had a buddy that preloaded his secondary backwards acted very similar to your issue. I didn’t think it was possible but he managed to do it. Have you looked at the secondary?

Back