• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New (to me) Nytro. Couple issues to resolve

Jasonjmccoy

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro XTX
Finally made the jump to newer sled, left behind a 2002 Polaris XC500 for a 2012 Nytro XTX! Unfortunately all the snow here is gone, but i have all off-season to tend to some issues (yea, this one came with some issues).

I have a couple issues, first, one of the bolts is snapped off inside the insert nut on the heat shield that’s under the seat (in that arched support bracket piece). The exploded parts view shows those threaded inserts as a separate part, anyone have any idea how they come out?

Now to the bigger issue, my exhaust seems to have cracked off right at the Y pipe. I’m on the fence between taking it in to get it welded or simply replace the part. Looking for a recommendation here. I plan to have this sled for quite a while if that helps in the decision.

Mine broke there as well after hitting a sharp bump. I had it welded and ran it for another 6000km with no issues. It is certainly the most cost effective solution. I priced out a new muffler system which many needed a ecu flash and the cost was prohibitive.

MS

I have a good header pipe at a good price if you need one. I also could reinforce it so it won't break there again. send me a pm if interested.

I rocked into the season with the same issues. It got new donuts and the 3 pipe was cracked all over and I had it welded. (look for micro cracks too) The exhaust wasn't' put on correctly that's why it broke IMO. That bar in the tunnel cover that goes over the 3 pipe was not installed properly to support the muffler. typically the tell for that is broken bolts or rivets

I’m suspecting that this one was installed incorrectly also. The clamp holding the muffler to the pipe was also completely broken.

While i have this all ripped down, figured I’d replace spark plugs and change engine oil and filter and Chaincase oil, anything else I should plan on doing?

Back