• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to me Nytro question.....

GudeMN

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro RTX SE (144in) -6500 miles
2015 Phazer XTX - 10,000 miles
2009 Vector LTX GT - 17,600 miles,
1999 Vmax 600 SX - 4500 miles,
1999 SRX 700 - 5100 miles,
2001 700SxR - 2200 miles
I am looking for opinions on whether or not I need to change my "new to me" sled's set up.

I purchased an '09 RTX that was stretched to 144. It had the majority of the desired upgrades I've researched on TY already installed. One upgrade I am not familiar with is the inside the the rail wheel kit.

This sled was exclusively ridden in the U.P., so I'm assuming it was set up as a Boondocker. I'm in MN and while I am looking to go off trail as much as possible I will be on trail quite a bit. Even off trail I don't see a lot of side hilling or powder carving in my future. Isn't better off trail handling the reasoning behind moving the wheels inside the rails? I've looked through the Mountain forums for information but I haven't been able to find a thread addressing my concerns.

My question is...am I risking damage to the sled if I ride trails with the wheels located where they are? If yes, who/where should I look for a suitable option?

Thanks ahead of time. I'm looking forward to trying this machine out this winter.

I am looking for opinions on whether or not I need to change my "new to me" sled's set up.

I purchased an '09 RTX that was stretched to 144. It had the majority of the desired upgrades I've researched on TY already installed. One upgrade I am not familiar with is the inside the the rail wheel kit.

This sled was exclusively ridden in the U.P., so I'm assuming it was set up as a Boondocker. I'm in MN and while I am looking to go off trail as much as possible I will be on trail quite a bit. Even off trail I don't see a lot of side hilling or powder carving in my future. Isn't better off trail handling the reasoning behind moving the wheels inside the rails? I've looked through the Mountain forums for information but I haven't been able to find a thread addressing my concerns.

My question is...am I risking damage to the sled if I ride trails with the wheels located where they are? If yes, who/where should I look for a suitable option?

Thanks ahead of time. I'm looking forward to trying this machine out this winter.

You dont need to move them to the inside and even if you do or can you would have to be sure that the sled will stroke and the wheels wont hit. Personally I would leave them as is.

You dont need to move them to the inside and even if you do or can you would have to be sure that the sled will stroke and the wheels wont hit. Personally I would leave them as is.

Sorry I wasn't clear......the sled is already set up with the wheels inside the rails. It was a UP sled, so I believe it was set up to go off trail quite a bit.

Is there a concern for damaging the track, rails, etc. running this setup on trails in MN? I will leave the trail when the opportunity knocks but truth be told, I'll spend more time on the trail than off of it.

Sorry I wasn't clear......the sled is already set up with the wheels inside the rails. It was a UP sled, so I believe it was set up to go off trail quite a bit.

Is there a concern for damaging the track, rails, etc. running this setup on trails in MN? I will leave the trail when the opportunity knocks but truth be told, I'll spend more time on the trail than off of it.

No it will be perfectly fine!

Back