• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to me nytro, updates? Upgrades?

Zomboskid

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 Sidewinder BTX
86 SRV 540
Hi everyone, this past weekend I took a road trip and picked up a 2008 nytro MTX 153 with 8,000 miles. now I know it’s a mountain, but it’s got a 1.6 paddle track on it, so it can be ridden on the trails fairly decently. It still has the mountain front end on it (with a swaybar) and is like to widen it. I plan on doing 75/25split between trails and offtrail, more on trail. What do you guys do to the XTX’s to make them do both comfortably, ive done a little research about the mountain tech industries front end kits. Any other upgrades you guys do, it’s already got the MBRP slip on (I think it’s the standard/race one, it’s small and loud). This thing is a big jump from my 06 nytro so I’m slightly lost on what needs to happen LOL

Attachments

• B82BE52C-29BD-44DB-B772-10239ED6F7C5.jpeg
    B82BE52C-29BD-44DB-B772-10239ED6F7C5.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 192
  • BBCA06A8-AEE0-4B98-A365-1C2C03BC5EFC.jpeg
    BBCA06A8-AEE0-4B98-A365-1C2C03BC5EFC.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

congrats on the new sled!

you might want to find a set of nitro xtx shocks if you have high milage on it as the mtx sleds came with hydraulic shocks from the factory witch are not serviceable. you might want to get in touch with crewcheif as he does basically what you want to do with his 08 nitro mtx. i do know he still runs the stock front end with the mtx skis set on wide.

image.jpegDepending on your size, a WRP seat is an excellent upgrade. Bar relocation is a must in my opinion. Stock bar position is almost like a boat tiller. I've got a Roctoyz HID kit and Yamaheater on mine and love them both. Heres my 08 wth a Cat 141 setback for a 144 track, and factory race team front end.

I had an 08 nitro MTX for 5 years and had that sled apart so many times I can tell you basically everything about it. Not because it was broken but because I kept adding to it. I highly recommend the mountain tech front end. its the best deal out there and it makes adjusting your ride so easy. Also get a mountain tech skid plate. They are 3/16" thick metal skid plates and could save your sled from a blown out oil filter. I also recommend the post forward kit. It makes the sled handle a little better and it just feels better. Oilite bushings in the a-arms is also a must IMO. It will save you headaches later. Since your planning on trail riding quite a bit I would get ice scratchers and I even put a viper snow flap on mine because it hangs done much further to trap more snow for cooling.

Whatever you do, don't run the stock A arms and knuckles. I had an 08 Nytro and the front end feel was horrible. The only time I ever ended up upside down in my entire life of riding sleds(and broken ribs to boot). I bought newer arms and knuckles(09 and up) off ebay, and the handling was much better.

View attachment 149959Depending on your size, a WRP seat is an excellent upgrade. Bar relocation is a must in my opinion. Stock bar position is almost like a boat tiller. I've got a Roctoyz HID kit and Yamaheater on mine and love them both. Heres my 08 wth a Cat 141 setback for a 144 track, and factory race team front end.

I don't think the WRP seat is still available? I've looked at a few places and turned up nothing.

Thats the problem OP, a lot of the popular mods for these are no longer made. I just got my Nytro this february and its tough finding mods that are listed in the threads on this site. I think OFT in't even in business anymore.

hibsman at barn of parts is a dealer for wrp seat kits and as he parts out sleds, he might have the relocate kit from a parted out sled.

Yamaheater to keep warm and updated relays to keep it reliable a must. Ride it and decide from there if you want to change anything else. Just my opinion...

OFT is still in business I just got a steering relocader in the mail couple days ago

Lol now this sounds a little stupid as a question, but how tight should the front end be on this thing, both upee a arms have what feels like a little wiggle room, and when I hit the gas, the spindle look like they twist backwards slightly, it just does not look right and it guessing it’s not, but I’m new to this front end style.

I have many of items guys are suggesting. Actually have a used yamaheater and a used roctoyz HID kit. I offer a relocate kit and also make heavy duty aluminum skid plates.

I have many of items guys are suggesting. Actually have a used yamaheater and a used roctoyz HID kit. I offer a relocate kit and also make heavy duty aluminum skid plates.
I’ll look into your stuff, I am buddies with a guy who does lights for sleds so the HID’s are not needed, BUT does anyone know how different LED’s are from HID’s?

I run LED’s in mine an love them!!! Bought them off ebay 3 yrs ago. Not sure of the brand.

Back