• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to me nytro, updates? Upgrades?

I had LED's in my nitro and they were awesome. So much better when driving at night. I also got them off ebay.

Was just on the OFT website. Seems operational. I am still in the Nytro game as far as making parts.
You're right, I could've sworn their website was offline for a bit. Or I'm thinking of a different company.

I know, I check your skid plates out all the time. Just trying to justify it, I've got the Yamaha GYTR skid plat that goes all the way to the nose. Its pretty beefy and I've had no issues with it but the hardware is exposed. Your skid plates would offer a lot better protection. I should pick up a shorty plate. Maybe theres a way to keep the yamaha one on the nose of it.

Also second new red relays, I also turned my starter solenoid sideways to help keep moisture out of it. Otherwise the guys at Port Yamaha told me to put some silicone in the plug on top to keep water out. it drips down from the vent above it and corrodes the connections. All that seems to have fixed my intermittent no crank when turning the key.

There a trick to get those stupid relays out? I for the life of me could not figure it out. Spent close to like an hour trying to get them out lol. My 08 is a squirrely bastard on the trails, but I've managed to just live with it.

There a trick to get those stupid relays out? I for the life of me could not figure it out. Spent close to like an hour trying to get them out lol. My 08 is a squirrely bastard on the trails, but I've managed to just live with it.

Mine were below the air box. Probably could have gotten them out without taking the air box out but I was taking mine out to clean the oil out of it so I did them with the airbox out. Much easier and coated everything with dielectric grease.

The relays have a built in rubber mount that attaches to a bracket that holds all 4. Just slide the rubber part off and they'd probably be easier to change.

Mine were below the air box. Probably could have gotten them out without taking the air box out but I was taking mine out to clean the oil out of it so I did them with the airbox out. Much easier and coated everything with dielectric grease.
Yeah but like how do they come out lol, do they come out of that rubber piece and you have to pull tabs or something? Not sure how they come out.

Yeah but like how do they come out lol, do they come out of that rubber piece and you have to pull tabs or something? Not sure how they come out.

The Relays have the rubber mount attached to them, when you buy the new Red Solid State relays they come with the rubber piece attached. The snowmobile has a bracket with (4) "tabs" that the individual relays with rubbers slide on/off. So to take a relay out you'd need to simply pull the relay off the bracket's tab, unplug, then take your new relay and plug it in, then slide the new relay back onto the mounting bracket tab. No tools needed.

The Relays have the rubber mount attached to them, when you buy the new Red Solid State relays they come with the rubber piece attached. The snowmobile has a bracket with (4) "tabs" that the individual relays with rubbers slide on/off. So to take a relay out you'd need to simply pull the relay off the bracket's tab, unplug, then take your new relay and plug it in, then slide the new relay back onto the mounting bracket tab. No tools needed.
Where you get the new red relays?? Just the starter one? Or all of them need replacing?

Where you get the new red relays?? Just the starter one? Or all of them need replacing?

I bought 3 new red solid state relays, but you only really need 1 for the fuel pump relay.
I also bought a new starter relay at the same time. Bought all my stuff at Port Yamaha.

Have you upgraded to the Yamaha dual carbide ski's? Made a HUGE difference to my 08 Nytro. And they were very decently priced from Yamaha (i think they felt guilty abut the crazy darting.).

Back