• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to the Forum and new to me 2007 Apex

qubert

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
apex
just got a 2007 apex, looks like its in good shape .
but it wont start the guy says its spark plugs . so thats were im going to start ,, any thing else i should check for in the engine.

turn key on , fuel pump come on , cranks over good , kill switch in not on, so good there, sat for some time , thinking possible even bad gas , but it smells ok,there isnt a petcock is there .

May be a spark issue and not a plug issue. Check and make sure it's getting spark first.

Also....you may want to check all the front A arm bushings and front W arm in the suspension for cracks and exhaust donuts....if your not familiar with the Apex they are good things to check out!!

A low battery will turn the engine over , but will not fire up the engine .. boost the battery and see . bad gas tells me it sat , so the battery has to be weak .

If you hear backfires once you start going, change the donuts in the exhaust to copper. Check your bearings, I would even say not rely on the fact that they guy ever maintained it and change them and the fluids and filters. I also changed my belt when I bought it used for peace of mind. Check track for any tears, and exchangers for any coolant leaks! Older Apex's are known for cracked exchangers where the suspension bolts run through them under the tunnel.

well I never would have believed it if I hadn't done it myself .
AL I did was change the spark plugs and it fires right up..ran great, sounds great,seams to be OK.
the battery is crap though , so new battery and oil change are a must.
coolant is good , suspension will be fine , at least for the season .
probably get a new belt too .
then I'll just do a good look over for Anything else . .
I'm pretty excited apex is the seld I have wanted Since yamaha came out with it.

I would start up sled and put rags on end of exhaust and hold hands on rags. The engine should stall. If engine does not stall look for exhaust leak. I'm. 220ish dressed and last fall I had my rear shock revalved to my weight and big boy spring installed at that time. All I can say is I should have done this mod a long time ago made a big improvement over stock. That being said I've owed this sled since new there is now close to 9600 miles of smiles on it. There's a lot of good information on this site and I'm sure you will enjoy your sled. Think snow and when it gets here the first time you put the flipper to the bars I'm sure you will want to do it again and again!:4STroke:

DCH1GH.jpg

Back