• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to the Forum With a Tool Question

SMJM

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Venture Multi Purpose
Hey folks,
I'm new to the forum. I just bought a used 2011 Venture MP and I'm loving it. After reading some helpful posts, I thought I'd join.
I guess I'll start of with a simple question, that hopefully hasn't been answered numerous times.
My machine did not come with the tool kit. The manual says there is a tool in there for adjusting the blocks for 2 up riding. Is there a way to adjust these using something besides the tool it came with?

Welcome to the site. I believe both the two up blocks and the H,M,S (hard,med,soft) adjustment on the torsion spring just require a socket. Since it is cold and dark I'm not going out to check but I'll update this tomorrow if it is otherwise. Sometimes the tool kit gets hidden in the small zip pocket in the back of the backrest.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

For those front 2-up blocks, it's supposed to be one of the "sockets" using its outside hex. I don't know the size but you could use a bolt head with the same size as that hole and use two nuts locked to each other at the other end to use with an ordinary wrench. Or you could just lift the spring by hand and turn the block by hand. And as @YukonMP said, the rear pre-tension blocks you can use a regular wrench or socket. 3/4" or 17mm IIRC.

Thanks for the welcome and the answer. I actually found an earlier post that explains switching the blocks to the 2up position, so I apologize for not searching more thoroughly. I did use the search tool and it found nothing, so I started scrolling through old posts and found it.

Hey, no problem. Here to help if ever you need it. Happy trails!

Back