• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to Yamaha and 4 strokes!

Kenjeepman78

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 RS Vector
Hello all. So at the end of last year I gave away my old skidoo 2 stroke to force myself to update. Saturday I purchased my first Yamaha a 2015 Rs vector. I read up and checked what I could capped the exhaust with my hands sled quit running in less than two seconds. Bonus I don’t have to do donuts right away. Just riding from the trailer to the barn the eps is sweet! Just wanted to say hello and get any tips on things to check on this sled as a lot of the sticky’s and facts seem to be for the older vectors.

Hello all. So at the end of last year I gave away my old skidoo 2 stroke to force myself to update. Saturday I purchased my first Yamaha a 2015 Rs vector. I read up and checked what I could capped the exhaust with my hands sled quit running in less than two seconds. Bonus I don’t have to do donuts right away. Just riding from the trailer to the barn the eps is sweet! Just wanted to say hello and get any tips on things to check on this sled as a lot of the sticky’s and facts seem to be for the older vectors.

I have a 2012 with about 21000 KM on it. Also bought a Viper and like them both. Cannot seem to part with the Vector and took it on 2 trips last year even though the Viper is 4 years newer.

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/2010-vector-gt-ltx-suspension-starting-point.131166/
Welcome aboard :)
This is a good read on setup. If you start with Catman's setup it will be very close and you can tweak it from there. One of the best things you can do is a wider ski with Snowtracker Carbides.
I have tried a lot of different Carbides but these are worth the money. There is a ton of reading you can do and a lot of upgrades you can look at . Just know you have bought one of the best trail machines out there.

Enjoy !

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/2010-vector-gt-ltx-suspension-starting-point.131166/
Welcome aboard :)
This is a good read on setup. If you start with Catman's setup it will be very close and you can tweak it from there. One of the best things you can do is a wider ski with Snowtracker Carbides.
I have tried a lot of different Carbides but these are worth the money. There is a ton of reading you can do and a lot of upgrades you can look at . Just know you have bought one of the best trail machines out there.

Enjoy !
That’s what I have read. A good friend has a 06’ venture in which has treated him well. Shocks will be sent out to get freshened up. You recommend a wider ski even for 95% trail riding? Part of the deal from the dealer was a brand new set of ski’s I’m sure they will be stock tuner 2’s. This sled is 19 years newer than my old skidoo lol! I went backwards due to financial trouble but never gave up riding. I’m sure it will feel like a caddy compared to a 96’ skidoo!

welcome to the site!

as i had the tuners on my 16 when i got it, i decied to give them a try before replacing them. they did not even make it onto a groomed trail and i was taking them off. any single keel ski works better for me than the tuners. i just tend to like the 09 mtx ski myself as it works the best in conditions at home and how i ride.

Back