• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to Yamaha

Kryton619

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2004 Yamaha RX Warrior
2003 Polaris 600 XC SP
Hello....I recently purchased my first Yamaha sled. 2004 RX Warrior. I have always owned Polaris sleds, but I happened to be on Kijiji when an ad was posted for this sled. What caught my attention was that it was a 2004 all original sled with 1100 kms on it.

I contacted the owner and he told me that not long after he purchased the sled, his wife became ill and subsequently passed away. After that, the sled just sat in his garage on a trailer for years. He just decided to sell it as he figures his snowmobiling days are over.

When I met with him I told him that I was looking at purchasing another sled so that when friends or family come to the cottage, there would be another sled for them to ride. He told me that after I experience a 4 stroke, that this sled would become my main riding sled, and the Polaris will be for guests....I guess time will tell as I haven't ridden this one yet.

Anyway, kind of long winded introduction, I will spend some time reading old threads to get an idea of what I am in for with this new to me Yamaha.

Happy New Year!!

I had many 2 stroke Polaris sleds. Had a lot of fun.
Now I am a converted Yamaha 4 stroke fan boy for life.

Well...

I had 2 strokes forever then I bought my RX1

After riding it for a few years I got a new WRP seat last year

This year I put a monoskid from a 2012 Vector under it and a prestudded track my buddy took of a sled he sold. (My old track was not studded)

But I have not gotten to try the new stuff out yet due to lack of snow

So yeah, I love my sled LOL

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcomes!! Dropped into Royal Distributing today to pick up a new battery. It appears that some carb cleaning is required.

Carbs are pretty easy to clean you don't have to take them off the engine just disconnect them enough to flip the whole rack over and take the fuel bowls off the jets are really small plug easily
Lots of info on how to do it here if you do a search you can find it pretty easy

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you got a nice sled! Basically brand new.
What royal distributing are you closest too?

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you got a nice sled! Basically brand new.
What royal distributing are you closest too?

I went to the Whitby store......with the weather today, there was just as many people looking at bike gear as there was looking at sled stuff.

welcome to the site!

glad to help you out. one tip, let it get 6000 km on it before doing any clutching as the motor does not fully break in for at least that long.

Back