• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Top Speed

Macheater

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex GT, 2002 SRX700
Ok TY gang, just returned from a trip to St. Helens, MI. While on my ride I came across a nice long flat plowed road with very smooth fast hardpack. Decided to give her a run. Saw 127 mph on the dream meter. My previous best was 125 mph, all stock except for a Fix ramair lid. My current setup is an 06 GT with pc3 and ignition box, Ulmer stage 3 clutch kit, Fix lid, and Excell can. Initially thought that I had lost some topend with the shorter 23 tooth gear. That doesn't seem to be the case. I should point out that I don't think I was topped out in either case, just ran out of room and had to shut the run down. Maybe had a few mph left in it. After seeing a few TY members reporting 130+ mph numbers with their yamachargers I was very pleased with the performance I was getting out my machine. And I haven't even bolted on the Excell headers I have sitting in a box! Happy Trails! :Rockon:

After all these years it was time for an update. Same sled with a few more mods. Currently on a trip in the eastern UP. Same situation, long straight road that was good for speed. Managed 130 mph on the dreameter. Fastest speed yet. And that was completely topped out, hag nothing left. Sled continues to run extremely strong and handle well after all these years. Still wanna put the yamacharger on it though.

I wouldn't go with the yamachargers. They only promise 40-45 hp. Put a real turbo/ supercharger on it and you'll get 80+ just on a measly 8-9 pounds. Apparently with the turbo on my apex i can run 11psi and run pump gas. 150 stock plus aprox 110 equals many smiles. I saw 118(dream meter) the other day on the lake and i let it off cause it pulled so hard it freaked me right out.

Macheater said:
Ok TY gang, just returned from a trip to St. Helens, MI. While on my ride I came across a nice long flat plowed road with very smooth fast hardpack. Decided to give her a run. Saw 127 mph on the dream meter. My previous best was 125 mph, all stock except for a Fix ramair lid. My current setup is an 06 GT with pc3 and ignition box, Ulmer stage 3 clutch kit, Fix lid, and Excell can. Initially thought that I had lost some topend with the shorter 23 tooth gear. That doesn't seem to be the case. I should point out that I don't think I was topped out in either case, just ran out of room and had to shut the run down. Maybe had a few mph left in it. After seeing a few TY members reporting 130+ mph numbers with their yamachargers I was very pleased with the performance I was getting out my machine. And I haven't even bolted on the Excell headers I have sitting in a box! Happy Trails! :Rockon:
Sometimes that smaller gear "can" give moe top end in the right conditions... it may have let those clutchs(both of them) shift out further??? I have seen it before.
Rich.

127 is 111on gps.. I did it on my 07 attak.. I just did 121 on gps with my 11 xtx and the speedo said 123.. Conditions were the same plowed road with ice under a thin layer of packed snow.. both sleds had air box mods and clutching..1.25 tracks with studs 2 per row..

i've seen 142mph on the dream meter and 127mph on the radar gun last yr before i supercharged it. i wouldn't waste my time with a yamacharger for the extra, go to a supercharger. when your running 100+ mph and you hit the gas you better hold on. the skiis will lift off the ground and you're gone like a jack rabbit.

Attachments

• apex 127.6 top speed.jpg
    apex 127.6 top speed.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 164
Got 118 GPS from my 06 GT. Cold plugs Ulmer stage 2 windage plates that was 131 dreamo. Too bad she sunk. Been 113 GPS many times on my Attak GT only cold plugs. Do like the 136 better.

I pulled 117 on GPS on a long run on glare ice with about 1 inch of snow. Dream meter 127 I think... lol
(Kuv)127 on GPS with stocker now that's bringing the Home the mail!!!!!!

:sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1:

Mad Russian said:
What mods did u have before u supercharged it ? 127 is fast !
it could've went faster. i was trying for 130 before i slapped on the mpi. when i ripped apart the sled i found the drive (speedo cable) axle bairing was seized, the exhaust donuts were shot and the rotor warped and the brake was on. the sled would not roll off the trailer after i put it on.
i had a home made ram air lid, polar attac clutch, 8" billet wheel kit and shaved down rip saw track. otherwise no "mods" to the stock engine. i just kept playing with the sled until i got it working well.

Guys thanks for the feedback on the gps numbers. I've known for several years that the speedos were off by some 10 mph or more. Based on those numbers I was probably running around 118 mph actual give or take a mph or two. Currently running 24/40 gearing so its a little shorter than stock.

Not looking to go sc because I don't want to lose any gas mileage. I need all the mileage i can get for the type of riding i do. I feel the yamacharger will give the performance I'm looking for in the price range I want to spend. ;)!

Bluebullet said:
I pulled 117 on GPS on a long run on glare ice with about 1 inch of snow. Dream meter 127 I think... lol
(Kuv)127 on GPS with stocker now that's bringing the Home the mail!!!!!!

:sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1:

Ya My Rx Warrior would read 120 but the GPS was 106. Now the XTX hits 107 and the speedo says 111 112, no studs on Hardpack. Never tried on ice!

Back