• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Trailer- How do you load.

Scooter02

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Viper LTX LE
I recently purchased a 27 ft inline trailer, that I will be putting 2 137” Vipers, a 121” Apex and a 121” Vector into. What is your preferred method of loading, facing forward or facing rear? I have heard both ways, looking for real world experience. pro’s and con’s?
Thanks,
Scott

I have a 27' Legend with 5' of that being the V. I load from the back usually driving first sled to the right side and up into the V. I then lift the sled up at the back and slide a 10X10 block under the track to get the #*$&@ end up. This allows the next sled on the left side to run forward with the right ski under the running board of the first sled. Again, slide a block under the second sled and move to the third sled on opposite side and so on. 637448746.jpg 637447882.jpg

It’s a rectangular box, makes no difference how the really go in. I just usually load from the back as I can back the trailer to the door of the garage and drive straight in! To each his own.

It’s a rectangular box, makes no difference how the really go in. I just usually load from the back as I can back the trailer to the door of the garage and drive straight in! To each his own.

Except for V-nose trailers allow you to put the rear of the last sled in the V-nose when loaded from the front. I have a 7x27 R&R trailer and 4 sleds fit much better when loading from the from with the sleds facing the rear.

for only 4 sleds, i load facing front from the rear. my trailer is 8.5' x 20' + 5' v nose united. i have to put one in backwards as my trailer has wheel wells in the interior but i have loaded 2 144" track, 1 162" track and 1 136" track sleds into it at one time. at sled storage time i get 5 into that same trailer.

Like twisted I have a 7x27 R&R. Load from front to rear, 1st sled on same side as front ramp door. For me that is curb side. Last 2 sleds in should be longest as 1 will extend into V and the last will sit with front straight and skid on diagonal in V. The ski tips will tuck up under running boards depending on ski loops. This leaves plenty of space for gear, gas cans, coolers, propane tanks for my heater, in the gaps. Just don't load the most engine heavy sled first if you can avoid it, as that tends to negate tongue weight possible causing sway.

Except for V-nose trailers allow you to put the rear of the last sled in the V-nose when loaded from the front. I have a 7x27 R&R trailer and 4 sleds fit much better when loading from the from with the sleds facing the rear.

Agreed.

Like twisted I have a 7x27 R&R. Load from front to rear, 1st sled on same side as front ramp door. For me that is curb side. Last 2 sleds in should be longest as 1 will extend into V and the last will sit with front straight and skid on diagonal in V. The ski tips will tuck up under running boards depending on ski loops. This leaves plenty of space for gear, gas cans, coolers, propane tanks for my heater, in the gaps. Just don't load the most engine heavy sled first if you can avoid it, as that tends to negate tongue weight possible causing sway.

Agreed.

7x25 amerilite—- we load from the back and drive out the v nose— two 137 winders and a nytro xtx 144–each sled takes up a ten foot footprint so loading order doesn’t matter but we do usually put the 144 in first—-Tod

I always load from front 1st sled against rear door tight to same side as front ramp the 2nd opposite/ far side 3rd again tight to front ramp side the 4th to far side with track in center of Vee. Have 144/144/141/136 in Neo 26 Allsport

Another popular method my trailer friend told me was: Drive in from the rear, then back in from the rear, and repeat. You can get 5 sleds in a 7x19 with a 5' v nose using this.

Back