• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New transporter cutting out 1324 Code

Man!!! Dealer tells me absolutely no extended warranty available. CND side. No official fix as of now. He says drive it the way it is and hope for the best just don’t over rev it. So going into next year I’ll have no warranty and possibly engine damage that will show up later. BS

Man!!! Dealer tells me absolutely no extended warranty available. CND side. No official fix as of now. He says drive it the way it is and hope for the best just don’t over rev it. So going into next year I’ll have no warranty and possibly engine damage that will show up later. BS
Good luck not hitting limiter if not clutched correctly. I tried keeping it below 7000rpm and still banged limiter any little hill. ULmER has the 14g weights to do it properly. CV Tech is out last I checked. Not comfortable putting washers or pennies in there. Even 7700 rpm could be catastrophic if they come out. Could machine some slugs pretty easy.

It’s also very important that everyone with these issues documents them with Yamaha right now. Don’t just fix yourself. Please have dealer call minimum and it would not hurt to call customer service even though there is no official solution yet.

not pretty for sure. would rather the map go blubbery/foul plug ritch when it starts hitting over rev than lean.

I would say that is a dealer selling his demo for almost new price. Hope he’s successful

As far as documenting troubles I agree make dealers aware even if you think it’s normal to have it cut out. It is not. As far calling Yamaha do that to I’ve had no success in talking to anyone at customer service last couple days. Just goes to voicemail. And have heard nothing as a result of my call/ claim I made on Jan 13-21. Maybe they have call display and they know it’s me and I’m about to rip them a new one lol

Going to keep trying

It is very important

Perhaps , phone other Yam dealers service departments and ask what’s the word?
No need to mention your dealer to them.
I spoke with a good dealer about this today and he said “ Yamaha Canada is aware that something is not right with these 400cc engines” .
We all can assume that Yamaha will make it right ?!
But in the meantime NO new owner should be left to feel like a mushroom?! Left in the dark and fed doo foo.
Your dealer should be all over this and calling you .
Not the other way round.

I would say that is a dealer selling his demo for almost new price. Hope he’s successful

As far as documenting troubles I agree make dealers aware even if you think it’s normal to have it cut out. It is not. As far calling Yamaha do that to I’ve had no success in talking to anyone at customer service last couple days. Just goes to voicemail. And have heard nothing as a result of my call/ claim I made on Jan 13-21. Maybe they have call display and they know it’s me and I’m about to rip them a new one lol

Going to keep trying

It is very important
Thank you! My Srx got new crank. Phazer ton of updates. Viper 5 years of warranty got used. So far nothing on Venom. They could at least get rpm right!

Perhaps , phone other Yam dealers service departments and ask what’s the word?
No need to mention your dealer to them.
I spoke with a good dealer about this today and he said “ Yamaha Canada is aware that something is not right with these 400cc engines” .
We all can assume that Yamaha will make it right ?!
But in the meantime NO new owner should be left to feel like a mushroom?! Left in the dark and fed doo foo.
Your dealer should be all over this and calling you .
Not the other way round.
My dealer did due diligence. He put me in direct contact with Arctic Cat Technical Service. Didn’t give me anything didn’t know already regarding clutching but did tell me about starter Bendix and got me torque specs for clutch. Was a good 15-20 emails pics and vids sent back and forth. In end I was told since I have Yamaha I have to deal with them for parts. Ok. Hope bulletins are actually out. That’s progress.

There are no Bulletins out from Either Yamaha or Cat for our sleds other than one for Idler wheel put on backwards.

There are no Bulletins out from Either Yamaha or Cat for our sleds other than one for Idler wheel put on backwards.
Yea thanks for that .
Intel I received was that Yam Canada is aware of a engine problem. There won’t be a bulletin until they know more ?!

What is the torque for the 32mm clutch cover nut and what is the torque bolt. Dealers told 115 but didn’t specify which I’m assuming it’s the nut. The 8mm washer put the added weight at 14.4 grams.the slug has to come first before they will. Had to take a little off of a couple of them to get all six ramps at the same weight. I’m confident that it will be balanced.
I hope it helps

The dealer I was talking to said the washer fix came from Yamaha. Did the cat guy say any thing about adding more weight.

Never mind. I looked back at your mountain post thanks for postimg that. With I would of remember that you did that before I tackled it. The bolt compression trick would of been good to know.

Awesome info
Thanks again

The dealer I was talking to said the washer fix came from Yamaha. Did the cat guy say any thing about adding more weight.
Yes I added 1 g at a time. 14 did it for me with video held wide open. He thought based on my results good to go. Like said. Sled,altitude etc all are factors that affect clutching. I would say 14g minimum at sea level.

Back