• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New transporter cutting out 1324 Code

Again to clarify , I emailed a dealer yesterday about extending a warranty on a Transporter lite in Ontario:

“Not offered through Yamaha but we do have a 3rd party warranty company that mirrors the manufactur warranty it is $920 for 2 years or $1100 for 3 years or $1200 for 4 years claims have a $100.00 deductable. So There is an option.”

This is concerning when some of the Yam/Cat 2-stokes are not eligible for Yamaha extended warranty?!
I think I’ll pass on these ones !

Mine is still at the dealer. I Just spoke with them and they have some parts on order and some parts are back ordered without a date.

I picked this sled up on Jan 4th. After 6 weeks and 160kms of nursing it along getting told it’s fine, 3 trips to the dealer, 2 walks home and I am without a snowmobile and $12,000 poorer. I am very disappointed in my Yamaha experience.

Matt’s not the only one having issues with is YamCat 400cc 2-stroke sled.
Was this close to buying one , now not so much .

My biggest beef is you fork out hard earned $ for a new toy and possibly because it’s a new production line or not , it fails badly and the dealer and indirectly the manufacturer YamCat tell you it’s normally fine ????!!!!!
Does it take a lawyer to fix or replace the unit?
Dr Google and this forum gets to the bottom of the manufacturing defect more honestly than the people that are getting paid to sell/fix it !!!!
I asked a number of dealers about these new Venom/ transporter lites and the answer is
“ oh they’re good yup good motor”!
“ oh problems that’s the customer pinning the throttle on a new 2-stroke “!!!!
Can you say Fungula.

It’s not lean till it’s being run on the limiter I will bet. It’s very hard to keep it off the limiter. Even a small downhill and it’s there. Have no idea where peak up is since no specs out there. I am going to clutch it to 7600rpm. Tonight.

I took my Transporter Lite out yesterday for it’s maiden voyage and was able to rack up 6hrs on it. It definitely would cut out and hitch and lose power if tried to go faster than 55-65km/hr. At lower speeds it seemed to work fine. I did receive the p1324 code a couple times when I tried to push the machine to higher speeds. This code was able to be reset by shutting the machine off and restarting it. I was not told of a break in period by the dealer but I did assume there would be one. When I got home last night I did some research and in one of my chat groups on FB a gentleman shared with me some information. He was also having the same issues as all of us with these new machines. He was told by his dealer that the machine requires exactly 12hrs of easy operation to complete the break in process. This consisted of varying speeds from start to stop not exceeding 60km/hr. The gentleman followed the dealers advice and said after 12hrs the machine came alive and he is now able to reach top speed and has full range of use with the throttle. I’m gonna wait to call my dealer and put 6 more hrs on the machine to see what happens. If it comes alive and woks great I will be very happy. If not it’s going back to the dealer and I will be buying something else. I’m curious as to how many hours all of you have on your machines. Thanks

Last edited:
I am a Mature rider with small kids who bought the sled to putt putt around my yard and packdown the walking trails around my house. not blast full throttle across open lakes. I have experience with small engines dirt bikes snowmobiles tractors I am not an inexperienced user.

Jan 6th - Picked up machine read about break-in procedure in manual.

Jan 6th-24th - Rode machine around my small square 10acre property put 100km and 20hrs on the machine. yes for an average speed of 5km/h

Jan 25th first trail ride - Sled makes it 1300 Meters down the trail before throwing the P1324 code and cutting out will not start.

Jan 25th to Jan 29th - Sled sits at dealer for 3 days. Dealer finds nothing wrong assures me its just "bad gas"

Jan 29- Feb 8th - Ride it around the yard take it easy make sure all the "bad gas" is out (100Km to 160KM)

Feb 8th - TRAIL RIDE DAY! the kids are in school wife is at work! lets go!! Sleds makes it a whooping 1400 Meters before shutting down. when I try to restart the Ring gear grabs hold of the starter Pinion gear and wont let go! good times!

Feb8th - Back to dealer!

Feb 8th - 13th - Sled sits at dealer no word from them

Feb 13th - Call dealer to find out Engine is blown but.....GOOD NEWS! some part are available but wait some bad news some parts are Backordered without a known arrival date.

My sled has a total of about 24hrs and 160kms on it at an average speed of about 5km/h.

I have been told by the dealer they know what happened and can fix it now. what that exactly is I don't know.

Anyone who tells you there is nothing wrong with these snowmobiles is either Lying or uniformed.

Matt

Yikes. My old school carb and CDI machines are sure looking good right about now.

This is really too bad. Clearly it seems they got the mapping wrong. I don't know if I'd be adding weight as that could invite even more deto.
I haven't seen a dyno report on one of these but would have thought the power peak to be closer to eight thousand than 7500.
Does anyone have a dyno report.

We had the P1324 code as well on a 121 model, cutting out etc. Tried 13g weights, that helped immensely as it made it all day except 1 time it threw the code. This past weekend we had installed 14g weights into it and rode it all day with ZERO issues. No cutting out, no codes, no belt noises, just good riding. Very pleased with the sled at this time. We broke it in by the book, and always make sure that it is warmed up before riding. My fiance rides it. It does over 65 now without a problem. We don't hold it wide open for super long times, just short bursts, it can do 60 no problem without having to give it the beans. I am skeptical however as to if something has been damaged as a result of the previous codes happening. Really do not like the unavailable YES warranty. I do not want to be spending a fortune on the engine because that code was making the sled lean out.

We had the P1324 code as well on a 121 model, cutting out etc. Tried 13g weights, that helped immensely as it made it all day except 1 time it threw the code. This past weekend we had installed 14g weights into it and rode it all day with ZERO issues. No cutting out, no codes, no belt noises, just good riding. Very pleased with the sled at this time. We broke it in by the book, and always make sure that it is warmed up before riding. My fiance rides it. It does over 65 now without a problem. We don't hold it wide open for super long times, just short bursts, it can do 60 no problem without having to give it the beans. I am skeptical however as to if something has been damaged as a result of the previous codes happening. Really do not like the unavailable YES warranty. I do not want to be spending a fortune on the engine because that code was making the sled lean out.

So I managed to put some more hours on my machine this morning. I have a total of 10hrs now. Machine is working way better. I have no cut out or loss of power from 0-80km/hr. It works flawless. If I push it past 80 though the machine will cut out and almost die. This is just my opinion but I believe this is all part of the break in process. As the hours rack up the machine works better and will start working to its full potential as the break in process nears its end. I was told this occurs after 12hrs. In regards to the p1324 code it did come on a couple times this morning but a lot less than in the first 6hrs of use when I first rode it. That’s seems to be appearing less as well as the break in process nears completion. Anyway. This is all just my experience and my opinion. I’m very pleased with the machine at this point. I’m hoping once I complete the break in process the machine will no longer throw the code and the machine will work to its full potential. I will keep you guys posted. I do plan to purchase the extended warranty. It is a 2 stroke snowmobile. Should have just bought it in the first place.

So I managed to put some more hours on my machine this morning. I have a total of 10hrs now. Machine is working way better. I have no cut out or loss of power from 0-80km/hr. It works flawless. If I push it past 80 though the machine will cut out and almost die. This is just my opinion but I believe this is all part of the break in process. As the hours rack up the machine works better and will start working to its full potential as the break in process nears its end. I was told this occurs after 12hrs. In regards to the p1324 code it did come on a couple times this morning but a lot less than in the first 6hrs of use when I first rode it. That’s seems to be appearing less as well as the break in process nears completion. Anyway. This is all just my experience and my opinion. I’m very pleased with the machine at this point. I’m hoping once I complete the break in process the machine will no longer throw the code and the machine will work to its full potential. I will keep you guys posted. I do plan to purchase the extended warranty. It is a 2 stroke snowmobile. Should have just bought it in the first place.
It’s possible. Can definitely see the weight pockets being polished. But if a guy damages engine by hitting rev limiter all the time in first 12 hrs it’s going to cost the season. Do not hit limiter ever. It’s a easy thing to fix. Just do it.

It’s possible. Can definitely see the weight pockets being polished. But if a guy damages engine by hitting rev limiter all the time in first 12 hrs it’s going to cost the season. Do not hit limiter ever. It’s a easy thing to fix. Just do it.

Spoke with dealer today. They tell me that I should be through my break in period. They told me I need to try some octane booster and see if that fixes my problem. So I guess I will try that and report back to them. The service manage also said he was gonna look further into it and get back to me. Still waiting to hear back from salesman on purchasing a extended warranty.

I don’t buy any of it the only way I can get mine to run is with 4 L of 110 octane race gas per tank with that mix it runs perfectly no cutting out no codes tried the octane boost Lucas is all that’s available and it didn’t seem to make it any better I guess I’ll find out the break thing we are currently at 19.4 hours

Spoke with dealer today. They tell me that I should be through my break in period. They told me I need to try some octane booster and see if that fixes my problem. So I guess I will try that and report back to them. The service manage also said he was gonna look further into it and get back to me. Still waiting to hear back from salesman on purchasing a extended warranty.

Are you located in Canada?

I was told by the Salesmen at Dewildt Marine and Powersports (Peterbough Ontario) That a Extended Warranty was not available for this model. I should of stopped the buying process right there!

Are you located in Canada?

I was told by the Salesmen at Dewildt Marine and Powersports (Peterbough Ontario) That a Extended Warranty was not available for this model. I should of stopped the buying process right there!
Yea just found that out myself. Not happy.

K just talked to my dealer confirming cannondale saying it’s an rpm limit problem they received a bulletin on it. The transporter version needs 27 grams added to the clutch to bring it down to 7700 from 7850. Going to try it.
Not impressed that I had to prod him for a fix that he was keeping to himself and that there will be no fix from Yamaha officially till the fall
He also told me go ahead and try it ??? Apparently you add 8mm washers to the weights 12 in total
They said the venom takes 2 grams less

It would would seem to me that nobody cares that these sled are not working right and it’s up to the owner to get them working

Kinda piss’s me off

Actually really piss’s me off

Back