• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New tuning fork fuel cap

greatwhite89

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Yamaha RS Venture TF
WEBSITE
www.snowflapjunkie.com
Port Yamaha (PortParts) has just developed their own tuning fork fuel cap. Will fit Viper or Sidewinder. Just installed mine. Looks great! 30.00 bucks!

Attachments

• IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 586

I always liked the billet one's. They are now unobtanium.

Yep. Now that I look at it, I think it's a stock cap with an emblem attached. Really wish the billet ones were still being made.

How many more HP is that one worth?

12 hp gain - dyno proven. Which is second only to a Monster sticker, which is worth 18 hp providing you have a minimum of 3 of them.
Ya but the hp gain is nullified due to the weight of that tuning fork emblem.
Not sure bout the aerodynamic effect.

It will take the rattle out of your clutch because inside there is a tuning fork which will balance out the clutch rattle, harmonics

So is there much demand for billet caps yet??
I think so. I have one of the Yammi one's on my SRX. Would like to have one for my Apex & Raptor. There's a boatload of them for sale (non oem Yamaha versions) on fleabay. None of them are really my taste though.

Me too if it was reasonably priced. I still have my old one from my 02 Viper. I kept it thinking I would put it on my next sled but there ended up being a 8 year gap from when I sold the 02 till I got my next one and old ones don't fit the cat built sleds. Didn't like any of the aftermarket ones so I bought some tuning fork motorcycle tank badges off eBay and stuck one on my stock cap a few years back.

So is there much demand for billet caps yet??
I would definitely buy one. I like the ones that were available for the nytro and apex, the anodized blue ones with the tuning fork on top.

The 2018 accessories catalogue has a Yamaha billet fuel cap for sidewinder and Viper. Part # SMA-BLFCP-14-01 $76.95 Canadian. Nice looking cap.

Back