• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Viper/ZR7000 Question

HydrogenCyanide

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha RS Nytro
2006 Yamaha Apex
Bought a new ZR7000 and of course the first thing I do is tear it a part to see how everything works. I encountered to things I have questions about.

1. There was a plug just dangling kind Of where the spark plugs are. A 3 prong A/C wall plug. Picture attached. What is this for? I followed it but it just seemed to be into a wiring harness. Block heater? Battery maintainer?

2. These plugs were not connected? I think there is a change I may have accidentally unplugged while taking things apart but I don’t think so. Do you think these were unplugged by the previous owner for some reason? Should I re-plug in? Pictures attached.

3. Snowmobile has 6000km on it. Owner said he never changed plugs. Should I be doing this?

Let me know....thanks.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 195
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 187
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

Not sure what the AC plug is for. Pretty sure that one was added by the previous owner as I don’t believe it’s stock.

The third pic is the plug for the O2 sensor in the exhaust. Depending on which flash you have, this sensor may not be used and therefore could remain unplugged with no issues. The early flashes on this product used the sensor. Later flashes do not use the sensor and will not throw faults when the sensor is removed.

The 110v plug has to be for an engine heater.
These machines are horrible starting in the cold.
At -10f mine was a crap shoot if it would start or not.
New latest greatest relays did not help. Had to use a heat gun.
Follow that cord closer. Would be nice if it really was an engine heater.

I'm assuming the AC plug is for something like a oil pan heater for really cold days. Definitely installed by previous owner. Can you see where it goes?

x2 on the O2 sensor. I can't remember the exact year they got rid of the O2 but my '18 doesn't have one.

plugs would not hurt if you are torn down that far. i went 20k km on the 11 apex before i did them but the 7000/viper can be hard starting sleds in some conditions.

Back