• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Wolverine X2!

boatload

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX SE
Well, I finally retired and moved to NE Wisconsin so I figured it was time to get a Wolverine. Wife wanted a blue one so it took some time to find a R- spec SE. Got it last week and rode 60 miles yesterday. Very nice machine. Just as advertised, the 850 engine is quiet. Even with the shortened wheelbase and width, I'm impressed with how stable it is. Factory settings on the shocks weren't bad, but that's why I got the R-Spec. Adjustable shocks! Seats were comfortable during the ride. Throttle was a little sensitive with the drive-by-wire, might just have to get used to it. New dump box will be great for firewood. Picking up the cargo box for it tomorrow, will probably add a windshield and soft enclosure for ice fishing. So far no regrets. And yes, I let the wife drive it. She's happy!

Well, I finally retired and moved to NE Wisconsin so I figured it was time to get a Wolverine. Wife wanted a blue one so it took some time to find a R- spec SE. Got it last week and rode 60 miles yesterday. Very nice machine. Just as advertised, the 850 engine is quiet. Even with the shortened wheelbase and width, I'm impressed with how stable it is. Factory settings on the shocks weren't bad, but that's why I got the R-Spec. Adjustable shocks! Seats were comfortable during the ride. Throttle was a little sensitive with the drive-by-wire, might just have to get used to it. New dump box will be great for firewood. Picking up the cargo box for it tomorrow, will probably add a windshield and soft enclosure for ice fishing. So far no regrets. And yes, I let the wife drive it. She's happy!

You should post some pictures of it. Did you crank on it and see how fast it goes?

Sorry Mr. Sled, still in the break-in period. I'm one of those guys that go by the book. Here's a pic
IMG_20180822_162247726.jpg

Great looking machine!

I have a 2012 Kawasaki Teryx4 that is loud, hot, and rides like an old Pro-Action Yamaha. I would LOVE to trade it for a Wolverine X4 but its hard to justify when the Teryx is paid for.

My riding buddy has an older Wolverine R-Spec and it has been flawless in 3,000 miles.

Get that flashed out and see how fast she really goes.

From the reading Ive done the aftermarket companies are having a tough time with this ECU for some reason. But I will say I don't follow aftermarket stuff for ATV's and SXS as much as I do for sleds so they might have it figured out by now?

From the reading Ive done the aftermarket companies are having a tough time with this ECU for some reason. But I will say I don't follow aftermarket stuff for ATV's and SXS as much as I do for sleds so they might have it figured out by now?

EVO and TD have the YXZ figured out, I am sure that would be the same.

Weller Racing has a flash that increases the rev limit and eliminates the speed limiter. I haven't heard of anyone else doing this yet but you'd think there will eventually be others. After the 6 month warranty period I'll be sending my ECU in.

Back