• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Yamaha SXS with 3 Cylinder motor....

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
This is out on facebook... I think it looks bad #*$&@ and might have to get one. Maybe we need to open Ty4stroke up for the ATVs since it looks like we may have some crossover technology coming.

https://www.facebook.com/1432635730...635730396899/1462824510711354/?type=1&theater

sxs.jpg

Nice about time yamaha people have been putting yamaha 4 strokes into RZR's for years now so the demand is obviously there for dependablity in that market.

I hope to god that thing comes with a roll cage cause if it has nytro/viper hp its bound to end up upsidedown. Lol

Looks great though. Has me interested

not a poke at you cannondale but I am not sure I understand the why the transmission has people so excited.
you mentioned it and I have seen hundreds of other posts on the web but I am still not clear.
what is the exact transmission being installed in this machine?
is it strictly a manual transmission with 5 speeds and reverse that requires a clutch?
Or is it something different?
if it is strictly a manual with a clutch it is off the table for me because I need something the wife could drive.
she needs to be able to put it into gear and go. stepping on multiple pedals causes much much confusion. lol

not a poke at you cannondale but I am not sure I understand the why the transmission has people so excited.
you mentioned it and I have seen hundreds of other posts on the web but I am still not clear.
what is the exact transmission being installed in this machine?
is it strictly a manual transmission with 5 speeds and reverse that requires a clutch?
Or is it something different?
if it is strictly a manual with a clutch it is off the table for me because I need something the wife could drive.
she needs to be able to put it into gear and go. stepping on multiple pedals causes much much confusion. lol

Not sure what type might have a clutch pedal but also may be a dual clutch system with paddle shifters. For me getting rid of the belt is a high priority with anything near 100 hp utv the belts have proven to be very unreliable when ridden hard in every make which has one. Blowing the belt on a Utv is way worse than a sled. I am thinking they will go with paddle shift since it seems 90% of people don't know how to use a clutch and shift. $ is for sure with that majority.

Not sure what type might have a clutch pedal but also may be a dual clutch system with paddle shifters. For me getting rid of the belt is a high priority with anything near 100 hp utv the belts have proven to be very unreliable when ridden hard in every make which has one. Blowing the belt on a Utv is way worse than a sled. I am thinking they will go with paddle shift since it seems 90% of people don't know how to use a clutch and shift. $ is for sure with that majority.

I did some digging last night.
looks like 4 models and from the patent descriptions it is hard to tell what the shift method will be.
if it is a paddle shift I am definitely interested.
I agree that getting away from a belt would be a great thing and I think Yamaha might have a great thing here if it lives up to the hype.

They had to do something. All I hear from friends is that Yamaha and Honda are boring for atv's. Reliable but boring, I mean around here my rhino is fast enough in the tight trails and the rocks.

But when boring Honda comes out with a 1000 with a six speed transmission and paddle shifters, Yamaha has to step up their game too.
http://powersports.honda.com/2016/pioneer-1000.aspx

Personally the Wolverine R-Spec is what I turned my rhino into. But a new sport one from Yamaha would be nice.

So initially I thought it was the old vector motor, but they are saying 998cc triple. I can't imagine retuning the Nytro motor to 112hp, any ideas where this 998 triple came from?

Any chance they will have one of these at Hay Days?

Back