• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Yamaha SXS with 3 Cylinder motor....

This side by side willn't be in my garage any time soon. In Canada it is $26'300 plus taxes around $30'000.

Yup, pricing is getting out of hand on these sort of things, making it a luxury item only the rich can afford. Especially in Canada....

Those are some big hp numbers for that transmission to handle, especially if you're considering a Rekluse auto clutch. The most I've ever heard a Rekluse clutch holding (before engaging) is about 280 hp. Any way you slice it, that's a lot power to put to a light weight driveline with full locking differentials.

Still, I would love to see one of these things run the terra-cross track at Hay Days this year. Doubt that will happen, but it would be a good show of its performance in stock form.

Anyone seen any good photos of the orange model? Other than what's on Yamaha's site, this is all I could find.
16-yamaha-yxz-1000r-4.jpg

16-yamaha-yxz-1000r-1.jpg

16-yamaha-yxz-1000r-2.jpg

Last edited:
interesting..."assembled in USA"....where? At Cat? With that said....could Cat be making the same thing?

My wife already said no, due to the full manual transmission. I was really hoping for a Dual Clutch style manual transmission (aka Honda Rancher AT, Rubicon, new 1000 vtwin) and they really seem to be sandbagging the HP numbers to me, HP is pretty low for a Yamaha 998cc pushing 10,500 rpm. One hell of a sweet rig though.

This side by side willn't be in my garage any time soon. In Canada it is $26'300 plus taxes around $30'000.

I'd love to own one but that is twice the price I paid for my Apex XTX. Even with the new laws that allow me to drive it down the side of the highway price says not without winning a lottery. I'm sad!

Man if I could drive it to work would be awesome! Hardly ride the bike anymore for some reason. I would put some BF Goodriches on there and have a blast especially in winter!

Back