• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Newberry MI info?

Swampfox

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder
Looking for any advice or info on staying around Newberry Mi. I have never really been to the east end of the UP. Any info on where to stay or stop would be appreciated. Thanks.

We ride the eastern U.P. but usually stay in Curtis here lately but have stayed in Newberry numerous times. Trails going into Newberry (ie. coming from Curtis) provide access to one side of the town or the other. Otherwise, there is a lot of road riding and I do believe they still have a curfew for snowmobiles. We stayed at the Quality Inn or if full will go down the road to America's Best Value. A buddy in another group always enjoyed staying at Zellar's Inn as they have an adjacent restaurant which makes it nice as they do have a good breakfast menu as well as lunch/dinner. As for other places to eat, there is a Pizza Hut but a better pizza is to be had at the Pizza Place but I think there is one day they are closed. For a watering hole, can't go wrong with Timber Charlie's as they even have a good menu and then there's also Rocky's. As for gas stations, I know the BP is open 24 hours but not sure about the other two.

We ride the eastern U.P. but usually stay in Curtis here lately but have stayed in Newberry numerous times. Trails going into Newberry (ie. coming from Curtis) provide access to one side of the town or the other. Otherwise, there is a lot of road riding and I do believe they still have a curfew for snowmobiles. We stayed at the Quality Inn or if full will go down the road to America's Best Value. A buddy in another group always enjoyed staying at Zellar's Inn as they have an adjacent restaurant which makes it nice as they do have a good breakfast menu as well as lunch/dinner. As for other places to eat, there is a Pizza Hut but a better pizza is to be had at the Pizza Place but I think there is one day they are closed. For a watering hole, can't go wrong with Timber Charlie's as they even have a good menu and then there's also Rocky's. As for gas stations, I know the BP is open 24 hours but not sure about the other two.
This is great. Thanks for the info.

From either Curtis or Newberry is it doable to make it to the Far East end? It would be me and my wife. Usually ride 150-200 a day.

I also agree with cannondale27 that it's doable from either place as we have rode that direction when staying at either place. He's also right about stopping in at the falls even if just to walk down and see the falls but they have a good menu and are a micro brewery as well if that is your cup of tea. Another option other than the Soo is to ride into Brimley and stop at Cozy Inn for the best darn pork rinds. ;)!

I too would stop at the falls, eat at the restaurant/microbrewery but allow TIME we had a long wait there more than once but was worth it- great sights, great food and the company of TYers is always good for laughing all through the time. I don’t mind arriving back and hour later as we are just going to eat and laugh some more.....what’s better than that

Back