• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Next Generation Phazer?

ccrider

Extreme
I know the future of Yamaha's sled division is in question just about everywhere....but I wonder if Yamaha is considering a next generation Phazer? I'd like to see a true mid size sled made for growing strappin' young boys who really have no sled offering. I think the current Phazer is close, but not quite there. Here's what I'd like to see:

- Put a "learning mode" on it like the Doo ACE engines
- make it a more stable platform
- don't let the sled get too big...keep it same size
- better overall wind protection
- keep it a good looking and "cool" sled (let's not kid ourselves about what purchasing criteria our kids really care about....looks)
- light steering effort
- keep prices in check. No $10k price tags. Defeats the purpose.

I think the current engine is absolutely perfect. Keep it. It's fantastic.

Would anyone else be interested in something like this or I am I off in left field with this?

I don't see Yamaha putting a lot into the "affordable" market. I think what they are interested in more is the trubo'd Apexes and Vipers that are 15 to 20k They put a lot into the Phazer when it came out in adds I remember a ad with Jimmy Blaze backfliping it and saying he had a dream about this once and all that crap. But everyone who raced one has switched and now whenever I tell someone I have a Phazer they did not know it they still made them.

Every time I jump on my 89 Ovation, I start dreaming of a 'lighter Phazer 500'.

I agree with you that the engine is perfect, now the chasis needs to loose 100 pounds.

Although a 350 4 stroke might help reducing weight.

Personally I think it is gonzo. Going on 8+ years and almost nothing for changes the last few, Aside from an xtx model.

I agree excellent motor with great potential in a new chassis.

Maybe these are prototypes
2006315145329246974_vip_snow_scooter302_snow_fox_snowmobile_sea_scooter_with_cheap_price.jpg

ii_988.jpeg

Back