• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nitro gauges on a Phazer?

Saskwatchian

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer Mountain Lite
Long story short, I rolled my new to me 2007 Phazer Mountain Lite and smashed the instrument gauge pod. The indicator lights still work, as does reverse, but the screen is smashed and the board is exposed. I can't find anyone selling a used gauge pod for a Phazer and was wondering if one from a Nytro would work. I've scoured the web but my google-fu has yet to produce any answers.

I'm cheap and if I will go used if I can. Either way the gauge pod is going to be mounted tucked away further down when I replace it :)

I bought the Phazer stretched with a 162 tMotion skid and no sway bar, It's a ton of fun in powder but taking some getting used to on trails. :sled2:

Long story short, I rolled my new to me 2007 Phazer Mountain Lite and smashed the instrument gauge pod. The indicator lights still work, as does reverse, but the screen is smashed and the board is exposed. I can't find anyone selling a used gauge pod for a Phazer and was wondering if one from a Nytro would work. I've scoured the web but my google-fu has yet to produce any answers.

I'm cheap and if I will go used if I can. Either way the gauge pod is going to be mounted tucked away further down when I replace it :)

I bought the Phazer stretched with a 162 tMotion skid and no sway bar, It's a ton of fun in powder but taking some getting used to on trails. :sled2:
Post some pictures of that t-motion!

Thanks for the offer hibshman, I eventually found a thread where guys were putting RS Venture gauges on Nytros, It gives me hope that I can do some modifying and put a Apex gauge on. I found one cheap in Canada. Every time you break something it's an opportunity to upgrade right? It doesn't have a reverse button either, but if I'm lucky I might be able to relocate some wire terminals and use the mode button, or I'll have to figure out a seperate button which should be pretty easy if it has a dedicated wire. If I can't figure it out within 30 days (return window) I'll be shooting you a message :)

Track was trimmed to 14.5
If I take it to work on tuesday I'll try to remember to take some pics, We still aren't getting a ton of daylight hours beyond the work day.

On the Nytro, yeah I can see it, but how will you mount this thing on a Phazer and that mount? I think it will look out of place on it, but that's just me.

I took the Phazer to work on Tuesday, but then forgot to take pics at lunch. It was dark when I got home and took some then. I have to say it's a handful on twisty trails with no sway bar and the t-Motion skid, it's outright scary on heavily drifted lake ice.

It tends to eat the snow flap so I need to do something there as well.

I smashed the headlight and windshield in that rollover, the LED lightbar is a definite upgrade in light output if not looks.

Attachments

• IMG_20190227_193247.jpg
    IMG_20190227_193247.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20190227_193311.jpg
    IMG_20190227_193311.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20190227_193332.jpg
    IMG_20190227_193332.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 188
Apex gauge is PLUG AND PLAY!

Well mostly. I took it it for a quick spin and the tac and speedo seem to be bang on but my hand/thumb warmers don't seem to work and there is no reverse.

Time to find some electrical schematics and see what pins I need to switch around in the harness. This is very promising :)

Well, for the reverse, that's impossible since there is no button or reverse indicator on it. You would have to add a separate button and LED's.

Why the negativity Mooseman? I can see there is no reverse button or led. As I stated in an earlier post, best case scenario is I hijack the mode button. I have the Phazer gauge apart now to see if I can follow the pathways on the board, but unfortunately the lcd screen components are soldered on to the board and I can't take it apart any further without permanently breaking connections.

Now is when I switch to Internet research.

Attachments

• IMG_20190305_201500.jpg
    IMG_20190305_201500.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 147
Not negativity, just that this cluster is incapable of activating reverse. Just missed the part of taking the original pod apart.

Personally, I would just wire a switch somewhere else like on the dash so there wouldn't be molestation of the cluster. LEDs aren't necessary.

That’s wicked. Cool mod imo
Everything functions properly??

I’d install separate switch too for reverse.

Back