• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NO DOUBLE POSTING

Sled Dog

Lifetime Member
I have seen and deleted a lot of double posts lately. I think people think they will get an answer quicker if they do well thats just not the case in fact you will have people posting on both and one of them will be deleted when a mod notices it. Please we have better things to do then to go around deleting useless double posts. They also use and waste server space. SO DONT DO IT!

Thank you for your cooperation on this matter!

I have done this inadvertently more than once. I think when you see the exact same post more than once in a row, it is a computer related clitch. I know this week I had a browser window open and I was busy typing in a reply. When I hit submit, the page locked up continually trying to send the reply. Never went to a message submitted or gave me the choice to view message or return to forumn notice. I had to completly exit my internet browser and when I went back to TY my exact same message was there twice. I know that the few times I have had a message double post, there was always some sort of a lockup right after I hit the submit button. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who has had this problem. Is it something I'm doing wrong?

I think he means more like posting the same question about say clutching in the Nytro section and in the Clutching section in the tech area.

Yes yamahas that is what I meant but I also saw lots of double posts one right after the other in the same thread. This is caused by people not being patient enough when the site server is being taxed and you have to wait a bit for the post to insert. They hit the submit button again instead of waiting and the site ends up with two posts on the same thread one right after the other.

Yes yamahas that is what I meant but I also saw lots of double posts one right after the other in the same thread. This is caused by people not being patient enough when the site server is being taxed and you have to wait a bit for the post to insert. They hit the submit button again instead of waiting and the site ends up with two posts on the same thread one right after the other. Yuuup! just like this one. LMAO Only I did this one on purpose. :Rockon:

So how do you know it went? Your sitting in front the screen thinking did i hit submit or not.... I have done it and not seen it for days. Site server not big enough maybe because i can't control these fat fingers on the key board some times.

For days come on now! You hit it once and if your not sure what I did is highlight it and copy it so I can paste and hit submit on a later post but it always shows up so I dont bother doing that anymore. Yes sometimes it takes like 30 secs but it does go eventually. We can always use a bigger faster server and more bandwidth as well but it all costs money.

Sled Dog said:
For days come on now! You hit it once and if your not sure what I did is highlight it and copy it so I can paste and hit submit on a later post but it always shows up so I dont bother doing that anymore. Yes sometimes it takes like 30 secs but it does go eventually. We can always use a bigger faster server and more bandwidth as well but it all costs money.

Yes sometimes i go back to a post not knowing I double posted. Then I pm my favorite mod and beg to get it fixed before I get booted off the site for bandwidth issues.

I got this one bottlerocket LOL

bottlerocket said:
Sled Dog said:

Yes sometimes i go back to a post not knowing I double posted. Then I pm my favorite mod and beg to get it fixed before I get booted off the site for bandwidth issues.

If you happen to notice that you made a double post and no one has posted after you you can click on the belete post icon at the top right of your post. Its the icon with the little X.

Its only there untill someone makes a post after you.

Seen a lot of double posting today as well. I tried to get on the site at 7am and 8am with the site having errors.
At 8:50 I was able to get on and it seems normal with a few double posts.

Just an FYI for all

Back