• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No extended warranty on the 2 stroke sleds

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
I had heard this so yesterday with help of dealer investigated. I could not believe it. No extended warranty!
I intended on only buying it if reason too. Normally would have factory warranty time period to decide. Very disappointed in Yamaha doing this.
So how about some aftermarket warranty companies? Aftercare,Invicta? Have heard good things about both. Anyone have opinions?

It’s really no surprise, the way your and many other of those 400s are behaving. Might just bankrupt them. Well, maybe no....they just deny the claims anyway haha

It’s really no surprise, the way your and many other of those 400s are behaving. Might just bankrupt them. Well, maybe no....they just deny the claims anyway haha
We have got them working great with absolutely no help from Yamaha or Cat. Took weeks just to get clutch torque specs even. We did their homework. Then we find this out. Still no bulletins or recalls. All expense out of pocket and many hrs. I am concerned damage may be done from before fixes. Season is almost over. Nobody can afford to wait this long on fixes. So in essence when you buy a spring buy 2 st from yamaha you have a 3month warranty in that time you need to fix issues that never should have made it to public and ride in between if weather cooperates. Once again I question myself buying first year. Just don’t get it. What the heck changed from the Demos? Why not save seasons and engines? It’s embarrassing.

To be honest, I actually saw in the advertisements for the 2021 Snow Check that Y.E.S. would not be offered on the two-stroke line up. Made me think that if these engines were good enough for Yamaha to slap their tuning fork logo onto, they would be good enough for a Y.E.S. extended warranty but unfortunately that wasn't the case. At first I thought it was just a limitation when ordering during the power surge but it appears Yamaha never had any plans to offer Y.E.S. extended warranty coverage on "their" two-strokes.

2021YES.JPG

To be honest, I actually saw in the advertisements for the 2021 Snow Check that Y.E.S. would not be offered on the two-stroke line up. Made me think that if these engines were good enough for Yamaha to slap their tuning fork logo onto, they would be good enough for a Y.E.S. extended warranty but unfortunately that wasn't the case. At first I thought it was just a limitation when ordering during the power surge but it appears Yamaha never had any plans to offer Y.E.S. extended warranty coverage on "their" two-strokes.

View attachment 159732
Rob I only got one year! If I did in fact get 2 I would be very happy.

That's an embarassing level of warranty on a Snow Check. Especially first year of production.

Worse in my eyes is knowing there is issues and not offering any form of guidance like a tech Bulletin. They are setting up motors for failure in my opinion.

Great thread on this issue .
My opinion is the head of Yamaha Canada service for snowmobiles should be ALL over this !!
Firstly a bulletin to dealers acknowledging issues with the 400cc break-in period?!
Secondly any customer experiencing problems with this , should be apologized too and assured that Yamaha is on it.
Maybe I’m old fashioned?

Cannondale, what did you do to get yours up and running again? I don't own one ... just curious.

Back