• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No heat on the right side handle warmer

Matthew457

Expert
Country
Other
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro xtx
Went out for a ride and it was working fine. Later during the ride, I noticed my fingers starting to get so cold and that it was starting to hurt on my right hand. When I stopped I took off my glove and felt that the handle was ice cold. Can't be driving like this for long, how do I fix it? Checked fuses and there was a 7.5 fuse(I believe it was 7.5 at least) that runs right off the battery that was blown. Changed it to a new one but still have no heat on that right side warmer? Please help me figure this out so I can get the heat running again! Thank you!

Burnt out heater element. If you know your way around a multimeter check the resistance on the affected grip. If it is your right grip the connection will be in the left rubber boot under your headlight, and vice versa. There is a little plugin with two small black wires. Unplug it and measure the resistance of the wires that go towards the grip. Should be I think about 6 ohms. But it will be open circuit, I would bet your Nytro on it. lol. Do some searching, its fairly common.

Last edited:
Is the sled stock or does it have a handwarmer upgrade?

You could switch the left and right feeds to see if the same grip stays cold and the other one still warms. That would pretty much tell you that heater is shot. Do you have a warm garage to work in? I think that would be required to change it.

You could switch the left and right feeds to see if the same grip stays cold and the other one still warms. That would pretty much tell you that heater is shot. Do you have a warm garage to work in? I think that would be required to change it.
I just bought the new Yamaha grips, dealer said they push out double the heat of the stock ones

Back